What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Seems like spring season sun over there brings nice natural lighting... while here it is either cloudy all day or blindingly bright like this early morning sun
    Screenshot_20210314-075735_Gallery.jpg

2. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Not long at all. Feb 1st is when it got delivered. I've just been wearing it as much as possible to break it in. So far I'm a big fan of their offerings. They have some new jacket designs hitting their site in April!

3. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

The rain won't let up, causing lots of flooding, so I have been staying close to home. I threw on my GW Arcadia Two-Tone today because I thought it went well with the Lucchese Classics Black Cherry Ostrich boots that came in the mail today.
    IMG_9699.JPG IMG_9849.JPG IMG_9980.JPG IMG_9754.JPG IMG_0045.JPG

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  4. nickv

nickv Familiar Face

@jonesy86Never would i think of leather jackets in the tropics .You always manage to make leather jackets look so cool in picturesque Hawaii.:cool:

5. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

In my case, the blackened brown is more in the direction of espresso colors.
    Actually black, but the brown undertone shimmers through. In some places it is actually already more brown than black.

dannyk and Jin431 like this.
  6. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

That colour is so unique. I understand why you like it so much!

Jin431 and ton312 like this.
  7. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Thanks Jin! The jeans are 3 year old sugarcane 1947, I wore them daily for almost a year and a half. Lots of home made repairs on them ;)

dannyk, Jin431 and navetsea like this.
  8. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

Thanks @nickv. It is not very practical, but I have fun.

AeroFan_07 and nickv like this.
  9. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

The jacket is pure madness. My envy is with you lol

ton312 likes this.
  10. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

When I first saw the photos of this jacket, BEFORE I saw the last photo where it's on you, I had the distinct thought that this jacket looks like something navetsea would design and wear. What I'm trying to say, is that you now have a recognizable style, like Thedi... or Beethoven!

El Marro, JMax, torfjord and 2 others like this.
  11. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

I think you won the blackened brown lottery! That hide with the pattern and the fit is just a winner!

Wow! That's crazy to wear something so religiously for so long but wow how it turned out! Great job on the repairs!

12. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

wow, thanks

13. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

The repairs are very very amateurish, but they look alright from a distance ;). For some reason I don’t feel the need at all to even own multiple pairs of jeans whereas with jackets I’ll put on a different one every time I’m going out. Jeans, I’ll just buy a pair and wear them down and then buy a new pair 1-2 years later when they’re no longer presentable. These sugarcanes are the only ones I’ve not thrown in the trash at that point. I pull them out now and again. I’ve considered buying a new pair, but after discovering Wrangler cowboy fit I have a hard time justifying paying 2-300 $ for jeans.

AeroFan_07, navetsea, JMax and 2 others like this.
  14. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

The repairs is what makes it work, that's a great job and prolonged the wear time of the pants. That's how I feel too, the jackets rotations is a must and I just need a few well fitting jeans since I wear a uniform to work and rarely wear jeans/jackets lol. I never had to wear a pair so hard for extended periods of time that I had to throw it away so that is something foreign to me. Lucky you finding your denim heaven!

torfjord likes this.
  15. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Vanson E. Just picked up out of storage. This is a softer, gentler CW. I really like it. A tad long for my riding tastes but it is so soft that it isn’t bothersome. Plus, when I reach for my bars I tend to sit up straighter.

0A3EE420-B982-40B0-BC22-AB5C1A9A06EC.jpeg

16. lina

lina Practically Family

just back from a morning ride, cheap breau breed jacket was perfect.
    B9437E79-E5CC-4282-B8E5-12643080D89B.jpeg

Turnip, dudewuttheheck, Zoo and 21 others like this.
  17. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Same jeans, different jacket

24FFBBCF-A434-48F8-9439-97C138CFB094.jpeg

18. JCSD

JCSD Practically Family

Was asked for more detail shots of the Freewheelers Speed Master

31BB3D3A-A1E4-44AC-9795-DF20D90A2CC7.jpeg 5008C1A8-4F3C-4159-BD8C-45B3E8278719.jpeg

19. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

That looks terrific! The cut, the leather. Outstanding. I don’t want to freak you but as I was admiring the zipper I noticed that there is some serious misalignment going on with the first zipper teeth though

JCSD and Monitor like this.
  20. Monitor

Monitor

JCSD likes this.