What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Kuro

Kuro Practically Family

Centinela.

20210424_093331.jpg 20210424_093340.jpg

marker2037, LZHA, King B and 27 others like this.
  2. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Looks better indeed, that dullness is why I'd like them to have a bigger selection of hides.

ton312 likes this.
  3. Mysteryo

Mysteryo One Too Many

This patina is a the result of natural sun tan, then dye, and hand made effects by first and previous owner. I’ve been wearing it for two years now, mostly in the sunny days. I don’t know why but this leather has a cold feeling and touch, like CXL, which make it very refreshing to wear!

Mrfrown and Jin431 like this.
  4. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Looks better indeed, that dullness is why I'd like them to have a bigger selection of hides.
    It makes sense. I probably would have done the same thing anyway to confirm my opinion:)

Jin431 likes this.
  5. Davisleathernyc

Davisleathernyc New in Town

Carlos840, Jin431, navetsea and 3 others like this.
  6. Davisleathernyc

Davisleathernyc New in Town

A2E36149-940E-4F9D-A83D-D8380C95A32A.jpeg
    Not a fan of warmer weather but I have to adapt. Vanson jacket, real McCoy horsehide trousers, and my trusty Chippewas

7. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Kuro likes this.
  8. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

lookin good brotha. That looks like heavy denim. 18 to 21 oz?

Jin431 likes this.
  9. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

Another cool day in Northern California. Y’2 Leather horsehide zip vest. Killer craftsmanship.

1B513F6C-5342-47ED-8BA5-87D6CF10E13D.jpeg D9034878-6926-4477-B681-EA0C58C84C14.jpeg

marker2037, LZHA, King B and 27 others like this.
  10. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

awesome. what's the back length on that? Always looking to buy a vest, but never sure what the length should be. I'm guessing at 6'0 I need a 24 inch to just cover the belt with no front drop.

11. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Killing it

12. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

JL M-200 Leatherman. Naked cow. Wish it had collar snaps. Nice jacket, better off the bike.
    027B41BD-F087-4A48-B25F-8A51667BDBEA.jpeg 5250DA41-40FE-4C75-9DB6-5B5E327BD12E.jpeg 2D6CF535-5C1E-4BA9-93D8-A70DF9060220.jpeg

13. Joshua Holland

Joshua Holland Familiar Face

Just received my Lewis Leathers Cyclone. Unfortunately just in time for the warm weather. Wearing it inside because I love it and it needs some loosening up. Pricey for sure (especially in veg tanned cow hide), but this is my first high end leather jacket (have had cheap ones) and went all out. I was a little nervous on how the fit and finish would turn out, but happy on all accounts. LL worked with me and customized enough to get the size and fit just right for my tastes. I researched and considered some other brands like Field Leathers and Fine Creek, but the style and iconic history of LL drew me in. Having been a big punk rock fan in the early 80's, the fact that members of The Clash, Ramones, Motorhead, Sex Pistols, + Chrissie Hynde, Joan Jett, etc etc among many others have worn LL's was the kicker. Call me a wannabe, but I love the history.

Insomnia, Pandemic, Yamahana and 43 others like this.
  14. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Looks to me like they nailed it. IMO their best leather option too. Awesome.

15. ton312

ton312

Jin431 and JMax like this.
  16. roadking04

roadking04 Practically Family

^^^
    Rock on my friend!! That jacket looks awesome. There is just something about Lewis Leathers and Schott. I hope to own a Lewis someday. It just feels a little different wearing an iconic brand, thinking about all the people throughout history who saved up to get one. You wear it well.

When I think about it. Lewis and Schott might be the oldest leather companies still in business today. I think by a long shot also.

17. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Yep, that’s the one. Definitely a steal. It is perfect to wear around but on the bike it is a tad long and no collar snaps was a big minus. They kept flapping into my BT headset and messing around with my playlist. The one inch front drop sorta kills it for me lengthwise for riding. It’s naked cow so no real biggie but it is what it is. I won’t be riding with it but awesome jacket to hang out in.

Jin431, ton312 and roadking04 like this.
  18. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

I’m 5’7” to 5’8” and the back length on this vest is 25. If you’re 6’, I would suggest 25 back length.

Jin431 likes this.
  19. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow, you're killing it! It's perfect. Good call to go for the original and not some Japanese copy (fine creek). Congrats on a great jacket.

20. Joshua Holland

Joshua Holland Familiar Face

Thanks! I have a friend who just got a Schott (after waiting for years) and she loves it. I did consider them as well, and definitely one of the top brands in my mind.

roadking04 likes this.