What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

IMG_20210614_164600.jpg

2. Nykwil

Nykwil Familiar Face

stepped away from the lounge for a weekend in NYC. got some jacket time with my Premier Highwayman. the black is really starting to fade away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jonesy86, Ayeteael, Vezio and 41 others like this.
  3. Tom71

Tom71 One Too Many

My thoughts exactly. I always use my iPhone. Mind you, the difference is clearly visible. Some photos here are so good that I literally get second thoughts about posting ANY pix...

4. Tom71

Tom71 One Too Many

Cool jacket and an awesome job breaking it in!

Jin431 and Nykwil like this.
  5. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

FL Manhattan (modified J24) in black shinki

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

6. marker2037

marker2037 A-List Customer

Jin431 likes this.
  7. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jin431 likes this.
  8. regius

regius My Mail is Forwarded Here

Some fit photos.

Attached Files:

9. marker2037

In honor of the 40th anniversary debut of Raiders of the Lost Ark and it being #1 at the box office for June 14th, 1981 as well as my 40th birthday, I’ve been wearing the Bill Kelso Relic Hunter a lot this weekend.

A3FDEDC6-FAAC-4064-9CC4-79D383FFE494.jpeg

jonesy86, Vezio, navetsea and 28 others like this.
  10. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Big Indy fan here, did you order Wested Legacy series? How is the quality of Bill kelso Indy jacket? Durable for daily use or just cosplay costume?

marker2037 and Jin431 like this.
  11. JCSD

JCSD Practically Family

LW PJ27

56D18631-FF92-4413-A871-AB3263643DCD.jpeg

12. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

THanks @marker2037 ! Hope you get yours soon!

Thanks @Marc mndt. The fit gets better each time! I think i didn't fold the collar well enough or maybe it's just too new or maybe the tip of the mouton collar should be elongated

That looks so good, congrats man!

Happy birthday @marker2037!

Looks great on you @JCSD

marker2037 and Marc mndt like this.
  13. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

20210614_193420-1.jpg

jonesy86, Vezio, navetsea and 27 others like this.
  14. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

nice. what is that? Great creases. Still that cold in Montreal? Hit 100 in Los Angeles today. I keep getting all these Joe Beef notices in IG with amazing food pics; I should come up there to eat and wear my jackets lol.

Jin431 likes this.
  15. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

turned out great. I need one of these in a mid brown or dark tan. I think I'd copy you all the way LOL, maybe go slightly bigger on the collar and lapel size, more of a 70s vibe. But I love the cuffs and overall pattern. Is Greg offering chunkier zippers yet? He told me he was trying to get maybe at least size 7 or 8s at some point.

Jin431 likes this.
  16. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

That's a custom made jacket with veg tanned steer hide, made in Shanghai.

Yeah, the weather dropped from yesterday's 31C to today's below 20C. Ship your jackets here for 2 years, I'll break them in for you, free of charge, as compared to someone who offered the service for a fee ;)

Joe Beef is like an institution here. Beware that you might have to size up your jackets if you frequent JB too often, lol.

17. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Which brand/model?

18. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Yes it did! I went full trim mode like @JustinW recent cross zip, I was a little worried at first but it's better than I hoped it would fit. Go for it lol Greg can source you with either request! This is my first real MC jacket so the collar and lapel is plenty big for me but I get what you mean like with one of those Cals you have that have a proper collar/lapel action going on. You can request a size 8 paper clip pull like what @Tom71 has on his jacket, I almost went with that but it would have delayed the process

19. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

I remember that comment too from a few years back. I still don’t know if the guy was serious or having a laugh but sure it was an eccentric idea.
    If he was serious though, he must have thought that there was plenty of gullibility going around in TFL, which is very much the opposite, as folks here very clued in (or up if you’re British) in general.

King B likes this.
  20. marker2037

I didn’t order the new Wested, but was definitely considering the TLC version. I still might eventually because I need to fill that hole in my collection, but I have to do some research on the Club Obi Wan forum first to see how they came out for anyone who bought one as I haven’t been over there in months.

I love the Kelso and think of it more as a daily jacket than anything costumey. Same with the Wested washed lamb. Unless you are doing work in the woods where you could potentially snag the leather on trees and branches and cause a tear, I don’t see how you can’t wear this daily and worry.

I know you like your heavyweight leather though, so this would be quite different. UBER comfortable though. It would likely feel like a sweater to you.

Hh121 likes this.