What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Ok, vindicated...pretty much.
    B

TheOldFashioned likes this.
  2. ton312

ton312

Original California Sporstswear this am. Will transition to the ELMC Californian this evening for Dear Evan Hansen. Kiddo is looking forward to it. I’d personally rather see Shang Chi.
    A tale of two half belts, old and new.
    Old Cali:
    CF96FB47-CF29-45D2-844C-CC952D9C8550.jpeg
    New Cali:
    1A08A290-676B-4824-B7C4-D290971BD65B.jpeg

King B, alish, 58panheadfan and 37 others like this.
  3. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

4. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Love the Foxy Few patch
    Old Cali for the win. Shang Chi was cool too.

ton312 likes this.
  5. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Zeus is on the left…I’m on the right. We going for the same look.

8E08D167-402B-45B9-8F2B-185FE00273CC.jpeg

6. Craig from Craigslist

Craig from Craigslist New in Town

Took these in a hurry, but finally got a chance to wear this chocolate brown suede Aero Type III (I think from the 90's). Easily one of my favorites.

IMG_4087.jpg IMG_4086.jpg

7. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

been waiting to see this leather out in the wild. Looks really rich. I don't think Aero will do a type 3 in very thick leather. Probably Vicenza or Badalassi is a good mid point.

Mrfrown likes this.
  8. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

Just epic. Other than maybe a shot like this with Steve McQueen, I could die happy afterwards.

Marc mndt likes this.
  9. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

That looks great! Nice to see you trying a new style as well. When is it expected to be finished?

I’m really looking forward to a detailed report from his shop. Enjoy your stay in Thessaloniki!

10. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

LW Trojan
    63E7EC1F-5943-49A0-AA31-233CA209CD15.jpeg

11. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

Yeah didn’t someone say they recently tried to order one in CXL and Aero said no?

I get it - mine is stiff even if it’s not mega thick or heavy and the patch chest pockets w flaps make for a lot of layers of leather to break in.

Edit I hit send too soon: This jacket looks great in this hide, it reminds me of one in battered steer that had been posted to the classifieds a while back.

12. Adam K

Adam K New in Town

Thanks. It’s an extremely comfortable leather and amazing grain right away. Looking forward to what it looks like in a year

Jin431 likes this.
  13. Hobbes1

Hobbes1 One of the Regulars

Perfect. The jacket and the fit. Well done!

14. ton312

ton312

Superb!! J-100 gets all the credit for being top dog on vintage CR’s but imho, I think these Bates CR are the true champion. I’ve had a few. Each one better than the last. The definition for how a CR should fit. Well done! Looks perfect all around!

handymike, JMax and Will Zach like this.
  15. Merv

Merv A-List Customer

I'm still pondering whether I should pull the trigger on this jacket. I already have too many jackets, but this is a beauty!

16. JoeNiblick

JoeNiblick One of the Regulars

@Leigh H those suede jeans are awesome! (The jacket’s cool, too!)

Leigh H likes this.
  17. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Bates and the Harley Sportster cornered the market, for sure.

ton312 likes this.
  18. JoeNiblick

JoeNiblick One of the Regulars

85BC2D02-529B-44AB-94D7-8C3B3168D448.jpeg E539E6B1-43B0-4B1B-8CF4-964BBC6C7FD7.jpeg 555B90A8-6220-46AD-9AC1-A70D9F39E23A.jpeg 92D30B03-5B56-402D-9F8A-0E9F2CCDEFFF.jpeg I’m looking for some brutally honest feedback and advice. I have this Double Helix Deviant, that I can’t return. Depending on the day and my mood, I think it either fits perfectly—Or it feels just small enough to make me not want to wear it.

And honestly, I realized when I went to take the pictures that there’s only one position that grates on me: When my arms are down by my side. But then, how often will I actually be standing like that? I feel like in that position, I’d like just a touch more space in the shoulders. One size up would give me 2cm more in the shoulders and chest, and 1cm more in the arms and length.

I assume the shoulder seems will relax a touch with wear, so that might help. Otherwise, it’s a comfortable fit, as long as I have a thin shirt on and don’t try to wear a sweater. Maybe I just need to make sure I keep my hands in my pockets.

What are your thoughts? @ton312 @Marc mndt @navetsea

Also: I’ll be vacuuming up that dog fur as soon as I hit post.

King B, 58panheadfan, jeo and 22 others like this.
  19. Merv

Merv A-List Customer

Leigh H likes this.
  20. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Not this one but I took a trucker home today and ordered an amazing custom D pocket. Black hand dyed hh with russet mouton and brass hardware.