What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Merv

Merv A-List Customer

I don't see a fit problem at all. It appears to fit perfectly! Maybe you're just not accustom to wearing leather biker jackets? IMHO, just wear the snot out of it! After several months of wear it'll break in and form to you. That's a beautiful jacket, she just needs breaking!

alish and JoeNiblick like this.
  2. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

that's a perfect fit imo. A little bit of a pinch in the chest with the zipper closed, but something like that will settle down with more wears. Same with the back, that'll lay flatter with more wears. Nice one! If you need to layer often, then you probably could use a bigger size, but for tshirt or dress shirt, I think it's spot on.

When you're done with your floors, mine could use some work too. I just moved the fridge and my god. 2 dog, 2 cats, 3 men/boys in the house. If I can figure out some kind of way to recycle all this hair, I'd be rich.

alish, AeroFan_07 and JoeNiblick like this.
  3. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

It's clear this is not a jacket for layering but for a shirt only fit I say it looks great, judging by the pics. But of course I cannot comment on comfort. I don't think sizing up would do any good though. Sleeves and body length are perfect as-is. The back might look messy one size up.

To be honest, I'd be quite pleased with a fit like this.

alish, Nickelman2005, feltfan and 4 others like this.
  4. Merv

Merv A-List Customer

Definitely one of the coolest jackets ever posted!

5. ton312

ton312

I think it looks fantastic! Reminds me of the fit on my ELMC. I too wish the shoulders were a wee bit wider. That jacket is a very thin hide though so it’s hardly a deal breaker. How’s the hide on that one? Looks pretty stiff/thick. It’ll soften for sure. I’ve found feel vs fit is hard to decipher in pics. I think your jacket looks like a superb fit but I k ow that doesn’t always translate to comfort.

alish, feltfan and JoeNiblick like this.
  6. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Perfect for me. Looks top.

alish and JoeNiblick like this.
  7. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

@ton312 that cal is ridiculously good.
    @JoeNiblick It looks like a good fit to me. Having the shirt untucked makes it look smaller, but it doesn't look bad to me. Snug, but in a good way. I would personally happy with a fit like this and as @Marc mndt said, sizing up would likely give you a jacket that does not look good. IMO MC style jackets are t shirt or thin shirt only jackets anyway so I wouldn't be annoyed with the inability to layer.

LVC made in USA Triple Pleat with Cone Mills fabric for me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

King B, 58panheadfan, jeo and 8 others like this.
  9. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

You mean it makes you look a bit narrow shouldered? The rest of the jacket looks great on you.
    My jacket also do the same on me more when it was new. Over 1 and half year new i dont know if it expand a little or crisp edges get rounder with wear it looks OK in the end.
    IMG_20200614_065342.jpg
    Screenshot_20200613-153106_Gallery.jpg
    IMG_20200903_182429.jpg IMG_20200811_111123.jpg
    Screenshot_20200926-113644_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210702-062715_Gallery.jpg
    I think it does expand 1 cm or 2 across the shoulder.
    This is today just now, i wear the same pants to better illustrate
    Screenshot_20210926-055952_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-055846_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-055907_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  10. photo2u

photo2u Practically Family

JMax likes this.
  11. Merv

Merv A-List Customer

C9EAEC8E-3448-4B64-BF18-E37934998C11.jpeg 89151C03-FD27-463D-9830-2E9E6300E8A0.jpeg
    My S&S natural horse hide jacket.

12. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

I am too, the top coat still haven't worn off to show a lighter brown core even though this is a preowned jacket, probably 2-3 years old maybe a little more. I've only had this jacket for about 8 months and I did wet the sleeves to set the creases to my arm shape.

Good to know you grabbed a Thedi trucker as I haven't seen one before, snaps/buttons?mor is it the zip up trucker they have?

Dang brother that's so cool, can't wait to see that bad boy custom D pocket. If the leather is the same as the bruciato HH you have then that's going to look so nice.

Riu, Marc mndt and Mrfrown like this.
  13. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

This is a 1960/70s Shields in a pretty rare yellow. I saw a few of them them in blue and red, but only once in yellow, so I bought it. Yes, I have a problem...:)

DSC_1155 - 2.JPG

DSC_1157 - 3.jpg

14. F Man

F Man New in Town

Hi there
    That is a stunning jacket mate. Can you say a bit more about this jacket (maker, leather, price, designer etc). Thanks in advance.

navetsea and Tom71 like this.
  15. Riu

Riu Practically Family

I was wondering what happened to that trip as you mentioned you'll go this year, great picture and looking forward to seeing the jackets :)

Jin431 and Marc mndt like this.
  16. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@Marc mndt Sooo cool that you‘re Visiting Theodoros!! I love Greece and will be in Greece again in less than two weeks. Enjoy the rest of your holidays. I hope you bought some nice jacket(s). The one you‘re wearing is beautiful!

Harris HTM, Riu, Jin431 and 2 others like this.
  17. Merv

Merv A-List Customer

That’s my dream. So jelly!

18. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Visiting the makers is such a great experience! Have fun @Marc mndt, and congratulations on your new jackets!

Jin431 and Marc mndt like this.
  19. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Thanks, just a custom jacket made locally in my country east java indonesia out of my own doodle, for this one I bought the leather myself it was 1.5mm pressed vegtan cowhide for the body, and 2mm pressed cowhide for the cuff and patch pockets. As for price i bought the materials leather and liner and hardware around $100 from local tannery natural vegtan tooling leather and fabrics supplier for the lining, and i paid for construction a little under $200 to a leather jacket workshop nearby. Screenshot_20200304-175156_Gallery.jpg
    That was my doodle, if you want to do a custom for personal use, you can use the design and bring it to custom jacket maker like 5* here or elsewhere, about material i must warn against using a pressed tooling leather though.. it was not the right choice for garment, it was pretty hard to wear the first few months, if you choose a vegtan leather better be a non pressed hide, it has more grain from start, still functioning pores and much softer.

20. Adam K

Adam K New in Town

My very first leather jacket I bought. Size 46 AERO BOOTLEGGER in BROWN CXFQHH. I think this may have been HORWEENS HEAVY brown CCXFQHH sold as regular CXFQHH; reason being is because I have 3 other AEROLEATHER jackets in CXFQHH and they are all much thinner and lighter than my AERO BOOTLEGGER shown in the picture. This is one of my favorite of 7 leather jackets I have. It became a very comfortable jacket after about 4 months of wear and break in. Pictures of this jacket where taken last winter since I didn’t have anyone to take pictures of me waring the jacket today CDEF2197-C337-4CCF-BB8C-73134D3A922D.jpeg 3AEDC4FC-57E8-4B54-8E63-B7FE8B1102AC.jpeg 307574B6-2A04-470A-9FF6-F6BD8C062DD7.jpeg

marker2037, King B, alish and 32 others like this.