Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Edward

Bartender
Lol Okay, I'm looking at the ungodly heat in the Isle of Wight and Edward, you sure that's the same Isle of Wight? I'm seeing 20-something degrees Celsius tops over there while I've been roasting at 32C in shadow for the past three days...

North of 26C most of the week and closed in on 30+ on our last full day there - hellish enough for me. I have no use for weather over about 18C, and given my druthers I'd never again experience anything over 12....

View attachment 434024

View attachment 434025

View attachment 434026

Wearing my new to me Swedish military dispatch riders jacket. This is not an original but a repro. I would guess goatskin based on the pebbly texture. Found this by chance in a vintage shop in Amsterdam two days ago.

Nice. I like these a lot, both in the leather and the (more commonly seen over here, but still rare enough) green cotton / canvas / textile. Good score. Plenty of room for Winter layering, too.

7 deg celcius here, damn coldest day so far. But I was able to wear my Aero twice so all good,

I could do with that for six months already, alas the hell of London Summer is only just beginning. I'll feel dead until at least October.

CombatWombat

New in Town
My Victorian police jacket made by Stagg leathers Melbourne.
And yes it's a lighter shade of navy blue (our state police tend to have roughly the same shade of blue except for NSW, which is black and WA which hadn't issued leather jackets since the climate is too hot for it)
IMG_20220609_123536.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Ahh most of my jackets are Australian brands......with designs unique to us..... probably of little interest to Americans.
The exception would be my Christie's A2......a reproduction of the Australian wartime contract for the USAAF (V505).... only downside is the synthetic knits rather than wool

I'm aware - but have little to no actual knowledge of - the Australian market having unique designs in motorcycle leathers particularly. First stumbled across this, actually, in the context of reading about Mad Max costumery, with the leathers used in that. Would be interesting to have a thread on Outerwear about Australian jackets as it's something we don't see much of at all this side of the equator.

Edward

Bartender
Four excellent jackets were worn last Saturday during yet another Lounge meet-up in Leiden, the Netherlands. The weather was not in favor of leather, but we couldn't resist. Thanks @torfjord @Harris HTM @Marc mndt for coming out, it was a blast!

UsFljOc.jpg

Leiden! Lovely place. Was there for a work event back in....2001, I think. Benefitted from the funders wanting to save money on apex fares, had a meeting on the Friday and then stayed on until Sunday evening. Late August, though - I'd have died in leather there then! :D

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
All you gentlemen with such nice leather, and I'm over here with linen short shorts an A/C trying to beat triple digit heat indices.

CBI

One Too Many
100+ heat index - no sign of a jacket for quite some time

even these are just try ons

love this 7th AAF Joe DiMaggio baseball jersey from Bronson. I own a handful of Ebbets Field Flannels jerseys which are more authentic in regards materials but this Bronson linen/cotton is more versatile and strangely looks more "vintage" out of the bag than EFF. In order to get Bronson free shipping for the 7th AAF, I ordered this AVG seater - fun and very heavy duty:

IMG_1247.jpeg
IMG_1259.jpeg
IMG_1272.jpeg