What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Asaha

Asaha Familiar Face

I thought I will show off my CXL steer, with which I have kinda love hate relationship.

IMG_8611-1.jpg

2. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Incredible!!! Any back picture at this time?

Asaha likes this.
  3. Monitor

Monitor

lol What's there to hate??

4. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Teamster today. Early afternoon and 35F in N Texas with 20 mph NW wind, it feels more like the first week in January here than the first week in April. :eek:

5. Asaha

Asaha Familiar Face

The only one :(

IMG_8740-1.jpg

6. Asaha

Asaha Familiar Face

Well, it just get in the way of practicality when you're jumping around with a camera. :D:D

AeroFan_07 and Monitor like this.
  7. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

Maybe it’s a belt issue...

Monitor likes this.
  8. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

The horween Harvana brown is even more beautiful than their regular brown which Aero has, in my opinion.

Asaha likes this.
  9. Asaha

Asaha Familiar Face

Not sure how do you mean.

10. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

Rain stopped, going to head over the bridge to Johnson Leather have Art put in a new lining into a 25 year old jacket for my son in law.
    IMG_5331.JPG
    What is the rule, do you have to match the hat with the jacket, belt, and shoes?
    IMG_4887.JPG
    IMG_4889.JPG

11. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

Just a joke about the ongoing discussion about whether a jacket should overlap or go past the belt. A discussion that will never end.

AbbaDatDeHat and Asaha like this.
  12. Asaha

Asaha Familiar Face

Hahaha...I myself prefer just at the belt though.:p

dubpynchon likes this.
  13. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Welcome! Heck of a jacket you have there! Having never heard of this French maker before of course I had to google them and check out their page. And thankfully most of it is in English. I see that they use horse and source their hides from Japan. Owning one can you give any insight to how thick in millimeters and/or oz’s it is and any sort of finish that is applied? Break in time and all that good stuff. Also all the leather jackets are in black curious if they have color choices. Needless to say They definitely have me intrigued.

Tusche and ton312 like this.
  14. thor

thor One Too Many

296171AB-F062-48C5-8D55-4F34C79A1E8A.jpeg
    1999 Excelled G-1 (my daily wearer and fast becoming my favorite G-1 in my collection).

15. Thebuzzard

Thebuzzard One of the Regulars

Where does the hate come from man, love that jacket!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Asaha likes this.
  16. Looks and fits you great Thor..!!

thor likes this.
  17. Asaha

Asaha Familiar Face

It just the fact that I am always aware that I am wearing the jacket. I could be that it's not yet fully broken in( I don't know how fully broken in jacket feels like) , but my arm starts to feel numb after it folded for some time.

18. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Oops. I guess you have not been reading the Type III thread and the discussion regarding jacket length. My post to you was a joke predicated on that thread/discussion (in that thread, someone labeled longer jackets a “grand-dad” look). To be clear, I love the length of your jacket (the “grand-dad” comment was intended as a compliment). Sorry about the confusion.

Phil Silv3rs and HoosierDaddy like this.
  19. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Asaha - I get this feeling. Jumping around with a camera, trying to get shots in at odd angles and times, it does take getting used to with (especially cold) CXL leather, Steer or Horse. Provided your body is keeping it warm enough (and the sun) it's less of an issue. However I find textile jackets, such as a good wool or cotton to work easier, even if I'd prefer to be wearing a leather.

That's one beautiful jacket you have there!

Asaha likes this.
  20. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Wearing a vintage Cal Leather that I picked up from Ksozay recently. I had my trusty tailor make a snap on collar for it using some vintage mouton off of a coat I purchased a couple years back for a G-1 collar replacement.

IMG_3921.JPG
    IMG_3929.JPG The collar came out very nicely and the jacket fits like it was made for me.