Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

Alexlutov

A-List Customer
Sorry in advance if this topic already exists. So actually the meaning of the conceived thread is contained in the name, I am interested in your style and image as a whole. which is associated with jeans and leather jackets and their combination..

Alexlutov

A-List Customer
20190913_185343.jpg
indigofera jeans halfbelt hh aero

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't make an effort for an image unless you count "mostly cheap" as a style. I have many pairs of jeans which are all the same - Wrangler MWZ. They cost around $28 each. I can afford much more fancy jeans but Wranglers do the job. Pity their blue isn't a deeper indigo.

Alexlutov

A-List Customer
To be honest, I’m increasingly thinking about a wrangler cowboy cut for aero jackets, I think this is a good ratio of high waist jeans for these types of jackets

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Almost exclusively Iron Heart 634s. They are a straight cut that fits over boots, has a nice mid rise, and are not too slim for the over 30 crowd. When it’s too hot for boots i have a pair of Nudie steady eddie that taper down quite a bit for wearing with Chuck Taylors. These are likely too slim but I wear them anyhow.
I like nice denim amd don’t mind spending for it in the same way as jackets but for me another deciding factor is that most of the more available bargain price brands do not make a waist (true waist) with an inseam that is long enough for me.

Mr Knight

Familiar Face
Only two brands I’m familiar with in terms of selvedge are Ironheart and 3Sixteen.

Ideally if you want something made well and tough then go for Ironheart in their signature 21oz denim, if you want a mature slim fit then the 666 style.

Colin G

One Too Many
I've never ventured into nice jeans territory. I buy a pair of Levis 510 or 511 on sale then wear them into the ground since I wash them maybe once every two months. I destroy them in about 8-10 months time. I remember the good ol days when Levis made nice denim and a pair would last a couple of years.

I need to try before I buy which is why I've never ponied up for Iron Heart or anything nice. I'd waste too much time and money sending things back and forth to get it right.

Some day........

Mr Knight

Familiar Face
I've never ventured into nice jeans territory. I buy a pair of Levis 510 or 511 on sale then wear them into the ground since I wash them maybe once every two months. I destroy them in about 8-10 months time. I remember the good ol days when Levis made nice denim and a pair would last a couple of years.

I need to try before I buy which is why I've never ponied up for Iron Heart or anything nice. I'd waste too much time and money sending things back and forth to get it right.

Some day........

This used to be my mantra, abuse the Levi’s ‘2 for £99’ deal once a year and throw away annually, though this became an issue when the Levi’s quality took a nose dive and I was lucky if I got 9 months out of two pairs. The denim just seemed to have dropped in quality & durability.

Since then I took the painful plunge for a pair of 21oz Ironhearts and never looked back, the heavyweight denim just feels soft yet bombproof.

I buy Levis 505s at Ross for $19.99. Sometimes I score heavy denim ones. There are about 8 pair in rotation, so they last about 5-6 years. The only fancy ones I have are Rising Sun, and were made for me (a gift). After following many Japanese Instagram feeds, I recently bought a used pair of Levis 569 (loose straight) which are really comfy. I don’t like tight jeans or the 559 dad jeans (relaxed fit).

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This used to be my mantra, abuse the Levi’s ‘2 for £99’ deal once a year and throw away annually, though this became an issue when the Levi’s quality took a nose dive and I was lucky if I got 9 months out of two pairs. The denim just seemed to have dropped in quality & durability.

Since then I took the painful plunge for a pair of 21oz Ironhearts and never looked back, the heavyweight denim just feels soft yet bombproof.
I am not sure what sort of Levi's they are selling in Europe but the made in Mexico 501 and 517 rigid for the USA market are still pretty solid. The Levi's and Wrangler you find outside USA are mostly for fashion. For example, the Levi's and Wrangler over here are all washed. I haven't seen a pair of 501 original shrink to fit in the local Levi's store here since high school. There were a few local shops that sell USA market Levi's and Wrangler but they have gone out of business.
I can understand IH's appeal to someone who rides motorcycle but I don't ride. I also have way too many pair of jeans to fear about wear and tear. I mostly wear 13-14 oz jeans now though I do have two pairs of IH jeans and a pair of 21oz IH duck in my closet barely worn. For people who like 40s to 60s cut and wishes to try Japanese selvedge jeasn, I would recommend Sugar Cane and Kojima Genes.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
ldUq5OR.jpg

z5hXesm.jpg

Ironclad denim &co 19oz sanforized selvedge redcast
Zimbabwean cotton, milled in thailand
quilted double knee, cinchback, stealth navy stitching custom mto jeans as usual, post wash looking more matte and darker blue
Compared to greyish with some sheen when still raw, losing perhaps 2cm in leg post wash

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I only have 3 raw jeans, all locally made "indonesia" , all heavies.
pMwrrUw.jpg

PoSGe55.jpg

That is my 1st pair from dec 2018
WWco ex301 using 21oz unsanforized by Japan Collect mill iirc
Slim fit
Hairy, leg twist ( i hate it), small "useless" front pockets, and ball busting2 size down to get the leg fit i want. One of the nicest arc i see on indonesian denim, and nicest hardware blackened copper ykk fully custom by the brand, and lined yoke too with indigo batik print.

tZIxqX9.jpg

sFGxTjD.jpg

My 2nd pair since feb 2019
BlueMuscleUnion the armorer
24oz indigo x indigo sanforized
Xinjiang cotton , thai milled
It has connected double belt loops on the back right near the patch as their brand signature, probably meant to hang the pants, slim straight
Shrank 3" inseam after washing, but get very soft velvet like post wash, very comfy despite the weight, generous front pocket the pocket opening is so generously curved the ecru white pocket bag is visible when sitting.
Also one of the nicest arc (on mine is stealth tonal)the brand is using sailor as theme/gimmick hence the anchor on the patch.

Thats all my jeans, pretty happy with them, but as you might see 1 yr wear doesnt fade them at all with my indoor life, i m very shallow and casual in this denim thing, not planning to get japanese brands.

Last edited:
I'm wondering about the actual storebrand jeans prices in Germany. Cotton must have went cheaper or something like this. This could be an explanation, why the good level storebrand jeans went from the usual 50 bucks down to 40. Quality seemingly didn't change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana