Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of jacket might this be?

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
This is a picture of my grandpa from a work ID card. The ID card was issued in early March 1966. I can't tell if the marks on the jacket are scratches on the picture (as you can tell it's aged badly) or if they are designs on the jacket itself.
img394copy.jpg

What kind of jacket might it be, considering the season and period.

djd

Practically Family
I have a 70's tweed hacking jacket with a similar collar. In some way they hark back to a Victorian design. See my profile pic for a similar collar

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
One thing I wonder is if the jacket in the picture is simply his jacket for that job. This is a picture taken sometime in the '60s, while at work at the job the ID is from:
mra.png

However, in a later ID from the same employer, he's wearing a simple polo shirt--not part of the uniform. So I'm confused as to whether in the first picture he's wearing the uniform jacket, or his own personal coat since it was a Winter day.

Last edited:

Fairlane

New in Town
The marks are on the jacket, tweed is correct. Look at Sears or Montgomery Wards Winter cataloges, they will give you an idea, a hunting / work style jacket.
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW