Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What leather jacket would you bring to a tropical island?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
If you could only bring one leather jacket which one would you bring? I am thinking of bringing my GW goatskin Cossack because it will hold up in the rain, and it is pretty light weight coming in just over 3 Lbs.
IMG_0709.JPG

How long are you going for?
The goat sounds right, but the others being locked-up in a storage unit brings tears to my eyes.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Would you actually need a leather jacket on a 'tropical' island..?? How bout just a nice sun block, cutoffs, and leather sandals. Oh and dark shades and wide brimmed hat maybe..!!

Oh yes, I will definitely Need at least one leather jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
My lambskin and cotton-lined Wested Raiders - it's been my "summer weight" leather jacket for about 15 years.

I thought about taking my GW A-1 as it is pretty light and weighs exactly the same as the Cossack at 3.3 Lbs. I think the knits will make it hotter and, i don’t think Capeskin does well in rain.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
How long are you going for?
The goat sounds right, but the others being locked-up in a storage unit brings tears to my eyes.

I just signed a years lease on an apartment in Kapa’a on Kauai. The thought of my jackets sitting in a self-storage unit actually makes me sad

I’ll get over it.

Edward

Bartender
My lambskin and cotton-lined Wested Raiders - it's been my "summer weight" leather jacket for about 15 years.

Yes, my head went to my goat raiders too.... though had I the time and budget to prepare properly, I might be inclined to "upgrade" to an Aero Royale in goat.

The other option might be - bearing in mind the heat - a Shackleton in goat, with either a goat or drill back....

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Man if I were moving to Hawaii...forget the leather jacket
I am not too far from following George Carlins advice and taking "Only the stuff you know you're gonna need. Money, keys, comb, wallet, lighter, hanky, pen, smokes, rubber and change. Well, only the stuff you HOPE you're gonna need."

Willybob

A-List Customer
CXL or veg? Would you want the best water repellant hide? I would be concerned the salt air/rain would not be good for leather. I would say the more wax the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider