Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Price Glory

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I have a couple of things from WPG which I am happy with.

Good service and he offers reproductions of some things which would be seriously expensive if you had to purchase originals.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
Not just that-
The depth/height, shape and the closing are usually wrong.

I see what you mean, comparing your DAK shirt with the one I'm looking at on The History Bunker: the collar, button closure and buttons are very different, and the pockets are much classier on yours. But I think I'll buy it because it's as near as I'm going to get (too large a chap for most army surplus/vintage clothing). Maybe replace the buttons with a certain Hong Kong vendor's brown ones.

EDIT: Didn't stump up for that one in the end. I left it for a bit to think about it and, on looking again, found that Lomax are selling them again. The collar on LB's LW tropical looks a little on the large side.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Coupler more...

Repros, again:

Shirt1.jpg

Shirt3.jpg

An original detachable collar from a Luftwaffe tropical shirt:

0d01_1.jpg

0c2b_1.jpg

B
T

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Can someone comment on sizing of the WPG bush jackets? Their site says they fit a bit snug and I'd like to wear one of these jackets as outerwear rather than as a re-enactment item. I wear 42L in most suits and outerwear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot