Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what shirt color with these linen trousers??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Our young Master Daniel (now 13yo) has a pair of bespoke light yellow handkerchief linen trousers being finished up, made in a 30s/40s style. He'll be wearing these for the first time to the ADSC Gatsby Summer Afternoon on 9/13. The pants have a full leg style, with a long rise, dropped thin belt loops and deep cuffs.

He has a vintage boater with a solid black ribbon. He's got a vintage bow tie in a black and charcoal raw silk.

No jacket or vest, he'll be wearing this RL cream colored linen and cotton cricket sweater with black striping.The sweater may be a bit big on him as I had to order it based on his height to get the sleeves and body long enough, not by his chest and waist measurements.
pPOLO2-6137702_standard_v330.jpg

In dress shirts he already has a white with tiny (1/16 inch) tan squares with a spread collar, a solid very pale pink with pointed collar, a heavier weight oxford cloth stronger pink color with button down collar. Most of his shirts that fit him well (he's a skinny kid) are the Ralph Lauren Chaps line, Norstrom brand or their Joseph Abboud shirts.

Suggestions on dress shirt colors? Collar styles?

We're shooting for an vintage 30s Eton schoolboy look... He'll be entering the Jay Gatsby Best Dressed Gentleman Contest.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'd choose a white cotton or linen point collar or BD collar (worn unbuttoned) shirt. Does the young gent have a pair of white bucks, perchance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner