Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear ...

shindeco

A-List Customer
I'm thinking light grey; khaki or possibly black for the trousers. Something with a reddish tinge might work, too. Have to admit, it's hard to visualize the colour.

Hat and jacket--why not? As long as everything else isn't matching (look a bit like a faded leprachaun if it were!)

Still waiting for it to arrive ... here's the pic from the auction.

92_1.JPG

bk

Burma Shave

One of the Regulars
I agree on the plaid concept

I used to have a pair of pants (likewise orphaned, from what I could tell) that were a very dark grey glen plaid, with thin green and lighter grey lines. Assuming the texture of the two materials looked OK together, that kind of pants would work wonderfully -- along with a dark foulard tie and probably white shirt.

Regarding the hat: If the coat and hat are exactly the same color, go for it. If they are distinctly different, but in the same color family, also go for it. But if they're similar colors with a different color mixture, I'd avoid wearing the two together. I don't know what kind of eye for color you have, but you could end up with the same unfortunate results people sometimes get when they try to "create a suit" from a mismatched jacket and pants. Better to keep the colors distinct or exact, rather than trying to get by with "close enough," in my opinion.

kools

Practically Family
I am wearing a very similar jacket right now, perhaps just a little darker shade of green. I'm wearing it with tan pants (dated 1944) and an exact match green 1940s tie. The tie has a beige & peach floral pattern. White shirt, brown shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points