Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what type of hat works best with an A2 jacket

loosebolts

Familiar Face
hello every one,
ok, so im hat shopping. what i have already is a old A2 jacket that is very dark brown. i was curious what recommendations of what type fedora and color you guys would recommend?
what i am going for is a look that is not Fighter pilot but just casual and classy. any recommendations welcome.

Landman

One Too Many
An Akubra Campdraft in Silverbelly or Taupe Fawn would look nice with a brown leather A2 jacket. I have the same jacket and that's what I like to wear with mine. I don't have any pictures though but it is suppose to get cold here over the weekend and maybe I can get a few shots. Below is a link to Hatsdirect's Campdraft page where you can look at the colors. Just use the drop down menu to change colors.

http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=15&returncat=Akubra+Hats&returnpage=1

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Nothing wrong with a vintage Stetson Open Road or similar model, either. I like 'em with the cattleman crease and the brim styled in fedora-fashion, but one bashed as a fedora all the way is cool as well. The contrast between tan/taupe/fawn hat and dark brown jacket will be dramatic and classy.

I agree with the vintage Open Road style which is what the Akubra Campdraft is.
There are some photos of Charleston Heston in movies wearing an A-2 style jacket with a fedora.
Now here are some characters wearing the right hats with the right jackets...
monteagle2010085.jpg

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
An Akubra Campdraft in Silverbelly or Taupe Fawn would look nice with a brown leather A2 jacket. I have the same jacket and that's what I like to wear with mine. I don't have any pictures though but it is suppose to get cold here over the weekend and maybe I can get a few shots. Below is a link to Hatsdirect's Campdraft page where you can look at the colors. Just use the drop down menu to change colors.

http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=15&returncat=Akubra+Hats&returnpage=1

I didn't know the button on the cord was for attaching to lapel...learn something on here every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points