Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was Grace Kelly's car in "To Catch a Thief?"

Naphtali

Practically Family
In "To Catch a Thief" (1955: Cary Grant and Grace Kelly) Kelly drove a blue convertible sports car. What was its make and model? If you know its specifications, so much better.

K

kpreed

It was a Sunbeam/Talbot Alpine I think. Not the newer style Alpine, but the 1953 to 1955 model.

K

kpreed

Specs from the Internet.

Production 1953–1955
3,000 made
Successor Series Alpine
Body style(s) 2-door roadster
Engine(s) 2267 cc
Wheelbase 97.5 in (2477 mm)
Length 168.5 in (4280 mm)
Width 62.5 in (1588 mm)
I hope this helps some.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Naphtali said:
In "To Catch a Thief" (1955: Cary Grant and Grace Kelly) Kelly drove a blue convertible sports car. What was its make and model? If you know its specifications, so much better.

I'm sorry to be a spoiler, but when Grace Kelly is on the screen, I do not look at anything else. One of the most beautiful women to ever grace the silver screen. ;) ;) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

K

kpreed

Bugsy said:
I'm sorry to be a spoiler, but when Grace Kelly is on the screen, I do not look at anything else. One of the most beautiful women to ever grace the silver screen. ;) ;) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I must agree with you on this, but after so many time seeing this movie I did notice the auto too.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana