Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Well, as I'm always telling people when showing them my film photos, "Black and white is abstract by its very nature: it doesn't make images that reflect reality anything like our vision sees it."

So in that sense, you're right that Scott's current age is less apparent AND less important - here he's a timeless noir guy. And even without having watched it yet, yeah, that's a reasonable approach for this character/story.

I watched the first episode of Mary & George, but as much of a fan as I am of Julianne Moore (and an English history geek too)... I'm not sure I'm gonna stick with it. Pretty squicky premise, whoring her son off to the king...

Edward

Bartender
Well, as I'm always telling people when showing them my film photos, "Black and white is abstract by its very nature: it doesn't make images that reflect reality anything like our vision sees it."

So in that sense, you're right that Scott's current age is less apparent AND less important - here he's a timeless noir guy. And even without having watched it yet, yeah, that's a reasonable approach for this character/story.

I watched the first episode of Mary & George, but as much of a fan as I am of Julianne Moore (and an English history geek too)... I'm not sure I'm gonna stick with it. Pretty squicky premise, whoring her son off to the king...

you'll probably want to avoid Scoop on Netflix, then! ;) Though it's actually a very good representation of the reality of the contemporary broadcast newsroom and how an event-interview like that can come about.

Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series The Gentlemen. Only three episodes in and I find it to be quite entertaining. I have yet to have seen the movie of the same name but most likely will at some point. As with Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, it has entertaining characters, snappy dialogue, plenty of action/energy, as well as humor. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points