What was the last TV show you watched?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Lady Day, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Nope. I do Love Lucy, but no singing or whistling over here.
    :D

2. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

UFC 182, some NFL, and even more Andy Griffith.

3. The Librarians

4. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton One Too Many

ESPN used to be based on the great ABC Wide World of Sports. ESPN covered everything you could imagine. It was fantastic. Exposure to things we don't commonly see. Obviously in the minority here. I watch very little sports, but when it served not only as a sports network, but also as a cultural study, I was grateful it existed. It's nice to have that option. Now if I flash by it, I feel like it is just another sports network. I have another dozen of those on my standard cable card, and they're all covering the same things. whoopie ding.

5. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Watched it also! Getting pretty strange, but fun.

6. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

The Curse Of Oak Island! Next week is the Big Reveal. Finally, will see what the Holey Grail and Ark Of The Covenant look like! :D

7. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

I have no issue with and would encourage ESPN to cover a "wide world of sports," (I loved that show as well growing up), but it makes no sense from a viewer's perspective to report on one football game, then a baseball game, then a soccer match and then another football game. Most people want to hear the results of all the games in one sport at one time.

What are all these other sports networks you mention - I think I get Fox, but are there others?

8. Vera Godfrey

Vera Godfrey Practically Family

Still watching Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.

A shame I'm almost out of episodes. It's a fantastic show.

9. Riiiiggghhhttt. :p

10. Dragons? What is strange about Dragons? :p

11. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Was watching The Rockford Files when the cable decided to frazzle out on a few channels. It seems as if the more they upgrade, the more problems I have experienced lately and all at a higher cost to me.

12. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton One Too Many

Every league has its own network now, and many of them are part of the basic cable package. You have to pay extra to get access to all the games, but they all have dedicated networks. Many sports do as well. Tennis Channel. Soccer channel. Comcast has a local sports channel in every big market (Comcast SportsNet). NBCSN (NBC Sports Network). CBSSN (CBS Sports Network). Fox Sports. BTN (Big Ten Network). I would imagine all the other big college conferences have them as well. ESPN has a handful of networks. That's just off the top of my head, and I don't even watch sports. There has to be others.

13. Old Rogue

Old Rogue Practically Family

Watching the premier of Agent Carter right now.

14. EliasRDA

EliasRDA One of the Regulars

Did anyone other than Old Rogue & I catch "Agent Carter" on ABC tonite? I normally do not watch the big 4 networks preferring the sat channels but it seemed interesting.
    Like the shot in the beginning of her walking in a red fedora style among the "bland" colored mens fedoras.

Any comments?

15. Maltese

Maltese One of the Regulars

The Curse Of Oak Island

Finally have divers in the Money Pit

16. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange I'll Lock Up

It wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be, but Hayley Atwell is such a pleasure to watch in the role that I could overlook some of the dumb storytelling and questionable period-detail aspects. The most important thing about the show is that it's (finally!) the first Marvel production based around a female character. But hey, any film/TV production that includes the opening title Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby is okay with me!

17. Actually, they have divers in borehole 10X, which they hope leads to the Money Pit (why they don't simply spend a few hundred bucks and run a high-def downhole camera down there, I don't know). And it's gotten pretty pathetic that last night's hour-long episode showed approximately 5 minutes of actual progress. They'd show a minute, then rehash that minute a couple of times with voiceover, then cut to commercial. They'd come back from commercial and spend several minutes replaying what they showed before commercial, approximately 30 seconds of something new, then rehash to prepare for commercial. They repeat this over and over. Last night may have been the worst episode in the history of the series, and I expect next week's season finale to be even worse. "Is today the day the team finally finds the Ark of the Covenant? Or is it something even more powerful...something so magnificent that it will change human history forever? Find out next time..." I'm guessing probably not.

I can't believe I'm watching this.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  18. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

"Attack on Titan" - Anime action on the Flix. Well done and quite adult. Some of these Anime series make absolutely no sense but this one is at least kind of plausible.

Worf

19. Stray Cat

Stray Cat My Mail is Forwarded Here

Does "Gardener's World" count as a series? :D

20. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

That's precisely why I don't watch those kind of shows anymore. There's so little substance, and too much recap and commercials.