What was the last TV show you watched?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Lady Day, Sep 3, 2007.

1. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Wife and I loved the Night Manager.

3. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

On to series 3 of Line of Duty, catching the wife up.

4. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Loved it. We have added Acorn TV and Brit Box as we love all things Brit TV.

5. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Currently watching Olympic mountain biking. I know it's a competition, but it looks like sooo much fun!

6. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

It is until you hit a tree on the way down....don't ask how I know.

Bushman and BobHufford like this.
  7. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

We need to re- subscribe to Britbox. Convincing the wife now...

Touchofevil likes this.
  8. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I am dropping Showz and I find I watch so much Prime et al that Netflix is almost abandoned......there is $11 a month I could save!

9. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

No need, I know exactly how you know. I used to enjoy recreational mountain biking as a kid.

belfastboy likes this.
  10. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

More Line of Duty series 3, some Superstore season 3, and myself, Shetland, run through number 4.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  11. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Arrived early:

20210729_103531.jpg

Zombie_61 likes this.
  12. EngProf

EngProf Practically Family

You and the kitty made a wise purchase. I watched an episode on late-night TV last night and it's still funny.
    Good casting, good acting, good writing, and good directing...
    Speaking of directing, one of the directors who worked on a lot of the Barney Miller episodes was Noam Pitlik, who was one of the "nuts/patients" on the first Bob Newhart show.

MisterCairo and Zombie_61 like this.
  13. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange I'll Lock Up

Loki on Disney+. I liked it more than The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but less than WandaVision. Tom Hiddleston is always a hoot in the role, and he gets able support from Owen Wilson, etc. (Of particular interest to old-school Marvel fans like myself, we also get the great Richard E. Grant as "Old Loki" at one point, portrayed in the original-appearance Kirby costume and wrinkled, skinny, old man conception.) Like all these series, it has ups and downs and not everything works, but it makes a bold stab to take the story in new directions.

However, what this means for the larger MCU has me fairly confused. This series' conception of timelines and the multiverse doesn't really fit with how these things were previously treated in Doctor Strange and Endgame. Even Thanos and the Infinity Stones are downgraded to being merely pesky problems in individual timelines and multiverses, as far as the bureaucracy policing the timelines is concerned. (They have drawers full of Infinity Stones!)

I mean, I know the MCU is soon going to get bigger and more complicated, especially by The Eternals, and it's not like 60 years of comic books haven't had conflicting ideas and retcons aplenty all along. Still, I'm confused.

14. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

UFC on ESPN: Hall vs. Strickland
    Why do I have to wait 30 minutes for the first fight to begin when it is advertised as starting at the top of the hour not half past. 30 minutes of talking about the card is not needed to entice me into watching the card, I am already here!
    :D

Julian Shellhammer and Zombie_61 like this.
  15. Edward

Edward Bartender

Spent the last couple of days of my leave binging American Horror Story. I saw the first series years ago on DVD, but the rest is new to me. Current on the Freakshow series, which so far is by far my favourite, not least because it looks so beautiful, wardrobe especially. Also enjoying some of the themes they explore, in particular the difficult position many of the 'freaks' found themselves in as the shows disappeared, but without increased alternative options for employment for the 'different'.

I just hope (probably in vain) that Disney don't go down the road the source material sometimes did, i.e. spreading the same story across so many titles that you either commit financially to it in a much bigger way, or get 'shut out' of the whole story. There's a chance we might take up a Disney+ subscription if it came up on a sale deal for a brief period at some future point, but tbh the more they seek to monopolise certain content, the less likely I become to actually engage with their content. Not a conscious choice, just something I've noticed happen subconsciously.

16. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

More Line of Duty, series 3. My wife's favourite so far. Really tense spot in the plot, if you have seen it you'll know which bit it is.

Arnott's in a tight spot...

17. I'm watching Barney Miller right now on FETV (Family Entertainment TeleVision :rolleyes:), the farewell/retrospective episode for Jack Soo after he died. Damn nice way to honor him, I think.

MisterCairo likes this.
  18. Edward

Edward Bartender

Last week I watched Mrs Biggs, an ITV drama telling the story of Charmaine Biggs from meeting Ronnie Biggs in 1957, through their marriage, the Great Train Robbery, on the run and beyond. Very well written, with excellent performances in the leads by Sheridan Smith as the eponymous Mrs Biggs and Danny Mays as Ronnie. Fascinating as that robbery was, this piece brings a different angle to it by focussing on the impact on the most famous of the robbers' family life, particularly his escape and the on the run years. The irony that Biggs had gone straight until being sucked into the train job for want of the deposit to buy the house he was renting- only to win the money on the horses, but be unable to pull out of the job by that stage - is mentioned. The whole ends with their divorce in the early 70s - thus the end of "Mrs Biggs". A very human story, worth seeing. The sense of period (at least in England; it looks good for Aus and Rio to me, though I can't claim the same knowledge re those locations) is well done.

19. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

An episode of Shetland on Britbox. We finally got around to signing. :D

20. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton One Too Many

Kevin Can F**k Himself. AMC. This came from the Lodge 49 people, and I liked that show enough. Not enough to justify watching them every week though. Youtube cooking vlogs would be just as well worth my time. As I sit through these, not entirely engaged and thoughts wandering, I can't help but wonder what is their target audience. Idiots like me willing to waste their time? Odd, entirely average quality in every sense shows, and it's good this one is over. If I come back to this one if it gets another season, I'm going to look into therapy.

The Beast Must Die. AMC. If PBS had a shot at this one, I understand why they passed on it. A main storyline that is so-so and that I really don't care about, and sub-plots that can't be anything more than filler because they don't bother to explain them well enough to compliment the program. It's too bad Jared Harris is involved, because he is so much better than this.

AMC is advertising for an upcoming mini-series that might appeal to those who liked The Terror. The North Water.