Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Gentleman Jack. HBO. I've really enjoyed this series. It somewhat has a similar cadence to Deadwood, though nowhere nearly as nicely written. And you know, I'm a sucker for a period piece. Really fine acting as well.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Pennyworth" on HBO Max. Halfway through the second season and we're both enjoying this "Origin Story" of Batman's Butler. Interesting take on Bruce's parents as well. Thomas Wayne has been taking a beating in some recent films and in this show. Not exactly of sterling character. Still it's a fun violent "alternative" take on the major players in the Batman universe.

Worf

belfastboy

I'll Lock Up
Just finished the new Prime show...."10 PerCent"...the Brit remake of the smash hit from France..."Call My Agent". I could not stop myself comparing it to the original and it came up short each time. Identical characters, much the same story line and in my mind the French characters were perfect.....they defined the characters and the Brits were mere shadows of the originals. However in the 8th and final episode it seemed to find its legs. The characters developed some humanity, engendering some empathy from me and I fully enjoy episode 8. I am certain there will be a Season 2 and it will be interesting to see if my caring carries over. Stay tuned.

ChazfromCali

One of the Regulars
Watched seasons 02 thru 07 of Bosch.

I don't own a TV, haven't in years. I long ago gave up and just considered television a steaming pile of dookee. Thus I'm not up on what the latest thing is and usually come to various shows late - or not at all. This thread has turned me on to several things worth watching.... thanks.

Bosch is something that almost redeems TV in general. Almost ;-) It's very well done, doesn't insult your intelligence and is well worth the time to watch it. That's pretty much all I'll say about it.

Also watched the first five episodes of the continuation show: Bosch Legacy. Slightly different feel to it. Maybe a tad below the standard of Bosch. So far anyway, in my opinion.

Mimi Rogers is a bit of a revelation, she's excellent in both of these shows.

the Chazometer sez: 4.7253 / 5 stars.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
demonlemon