Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What were they thinking?

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Nigel Cabourn makes designer clothes inspired by very practical outdoorsy stuff, such as mountaineering anoraks. they're very pricey and ultimately look like... designer mountaineering anoraks.
i'm not a fan, although i've seen at least one jumper and one summer jacket by him that i like.

Metatron

One Too Many
Overpriced, for sure, but I don't see what's so offensive about the design... I think Irvin fans should be happy that modern designers are inspired by their heritage. Things would become a little bit repetitive if everyone only made accurate repros.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I quite like it apart from the orange hood and the price.
I once had an original coastal command jacket that had the hood converted to a normal style collar. Probably originally done at source as it had all the correct collar stitching and metal work with the patina of a 50 year old jacket to go with it. The give-away was slight remains of yellow where the leather had been turned back under the collar.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
All that sheepskin still won't keep the model's wrists warm
This eBay ad is a perfect example of how not to photograph a jacket and model. If the jacket is a 50-52 inch surly the jacket should be photographed on someone of that size, if not available, a dummy torso would look better.
The model does not really look like a guy with a 50 inch chest, if he were, I would imagine his hight would be around 6' 6" or more, unless he was a fatty like me, but he isn't as the arms don't match.

Otter

One Too Many
If they had not tried to make it the unholy offspring of an ANJ4 and a costal command Irvin, I could have forgiven it but......................!

No one make a repro of the CC Irvin that I know of, is it an untapped market? Oh, and dank u veel Dr H.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana