Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what would be your must see must do in savannah ga?

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
hi gang

the wife and i are going to savannah on vacation and was wondering if anyone could give us some clues on must see must do in savannah?
thanks
charlie

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
thanks for the info hd we've read about the pirate house restraunt and were planning on seeing the cemetery from midnight in the garden of good and evil
charlie

It's certainly a beautiful city. The Pirate House ribs are quite different than most. Rather than BBQ..they are like a seasoned roast beef type(Hard to explain)..but so tasty! Makes my mouth water just thinking of them.
We also love to stay in Charleston to the north. Much to see there too. Great 'Low Country Cooking' nice beaches(Isle of Palms) and historical sights.
HD

hatguy1

One Too Many
Second on visiting Fort Pulaski. Absolutely incredible reconstruction, and an excellent bit of history.

Agreed. Pulaski and the 8th Museum are great. My favorite thing to do in Savannah is visit all the various squares (each different than rest) in Old Town and soak up the architecture of the houses, etc.

Haven't been able to visit for a few years but also enjoyed Sir Winston's pub there. Also as long as going to Tybee for the fort, might as well see the lighthouse out there too.

Best wishes on your visit to the Belle of the South, Savannah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112