Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's a Biltmore Senator?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I have my eye on one, but the Biltmore site says the current Senator is their lowest-end model. Any comments from those who know Biltmore better than I do?

Here's what the Biltmore site says:

Senator - consists of a fine quality fur felt, which has a smooth finish. This is a lightweight soft and pliable hat containing a low amount of fur felt. The band and leather are of a lesser quality. Although this is still a good quality hat it is a lower priced product.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'm stepping on my own thread, but I couldn't stand to wait. I spotted it last night right after it was listed, and thought it wouldn't last very long.

There was a buy-it-now of $14.99 on the hat, with less than $8 shipping. The hat is black (a color I'm lacking) and has a 2.5 inch brim, a width I like. Since the Biltmore site says it has some fur content, I got brave and went for it.

For a total of $22, I pulled the trigger on it. I figured that it wouldn't last much longer with a BIN of $14.99.

I'm not clear on the age - although it's probably not too old - but for the money, I figured that it was worth a shot. :p

Comments?

Lorne

One of the Regulars
22$ Hat?

I've made a hell of a lot of mistakes that cost more than 22$. My ex-wife springs to mind.

While I don't think you are getting a hat that the a custom hatter would Oh and Ah over, it can't be that bad a deal.

Why don't you get a look at it, and write a review for us?

Lorne

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
A Biltmore Senator is a scion of the Boston Biltmores, one of those families that came over on the "Mayflower". Sen. Biltmore is known for being socially and fiscally liberal. He enjoys a fine scotch from time to time in oak-panelled Washington bars.

Or something like that.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I just 'fessed up to my wife, and even she didn't mind $22 for another hat! I figured that would be the case.

Hope it's decent when it arrives.

Biltmore-1.jpg

Biltmore-2.jpg

Biltmore-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points