Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Goldfish said:
Does anyone of yor small-chested ladies have a pointy or bullet bra that doesn't size you down too much? I am a B cup and if those bras make you look 3 sizes smaller I have nothing left to show in that 50s sweater :p. Earlier in this thread someone suggested Triumpf Doreen as good bra that is not too pointy, but the design isn't really my style. My favorite material is satin and with the good reputation that WKD bras have I am leaning towards the Maitresse or Harlow bra (price is the best, too), but I have found some interesting bras from other etailers as well. I hope some of you can share their experience with my and help me find the right bra!

I'm on the small side and have found that the best thing to do is to get the special bullet bra pads that fill out the tips. I have several WKD bullet bras and this is the only way that I can wear them. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of their bullet bras (their underwire bras are nice though!); Cameo Intimates are more expensive but the fit and quality are better in my opinion.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
That's really good to know! Which Cameo bullet bras have you worn/do you own and what is your favorite? Do you wear them without pads?

Idledame

Practically Family
I promised LadyDay I would post a photo. For some big occasion my dad wanted to buy my mom some extravagant piece of jewelry, but she, being practical, told him it was a waste of money. She had pearls and some gold jewelry that she only rarely had a chance to wear. So, he wracked his brain and came up with a totally usefull yet extravagant gift. 14 karat gold garters! He had a jeweler custom make them. She wore them whenever she wore stockings and showed them to everyone!
IMG_4042.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Idledame said:
I promised LadyDay I would post a photo. For some big occasion my dad wanted to buy my mom some extravagant piece of jewelry, but she, being practical, told him it was a waste of money. She had pearls and some gold jewelry that she only rarely had a chance to wear. So, he wracked his brain and came up with a totally usefull yet extravagant gift. 14 karat gold garters! She wore them whenever she wore stockings and showed them to everyone!

now that's how a man shows his wife he loves her - buy ACTUALLY paying attention to her needs and wants. Brilliant fellow that Dad of yours - and what a treasure you still have them!!

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Goldfish said:
That's really good to know! Which Cameo bullet bras have you worn/do you own and what is your favorite? Do you wear them without pads?

I have their Lace Dream and Hollywood bullet bras, love both styles! I can wear them without pads, but I still prefer to have them -- less chance of the point "deflating"! lol

Idledame, those garters are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing the great story and pic!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Idledame said:
I promised LadyDay I would post a photo. For some big occasion my dad wanted to buy my mom some extravagant piece of jewelry, but she, being practical, told him it was a waste of money. She had pearls and some gold jewelry that she only rarely had a chance to wear. So, he wracked his brain and came up with a totally usefull yet extravagant gift. 14 karat gold garters! He had a jeweler custom make them. She wore them whenever she wore stockings and showed them to everyone!
IMG_4042.jpg

Those are fantastically amazing! As Inky said, THATS love!

LD

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Idledame said:

Brilliant! :eusa_clap Your dad was one creative guy!

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Lusti Weather said:
I have their Lace Dream and Hollywood bullet bras, love both styles! I can wear them without pads, but I still prefer to have them -- less chance of the point "deflating"! lol

Did you know that you can get padded tips? I don't know if pads aren't the better choice, though. Keep going back and forth between the Hollywood and Starlight bra. Where did you get the pads?

Idledame said:
14 karat gold garters!

That's a wonderful story and a great gift. Thank you for sharing

Did anyone of you get these bras from the Sonia Rykiel pour H&M collection?
I have read in several fashion boards that "the bra is so pointy it makes me look like a pin up from the fifties!:confused:" and how ugly those highwaisted granny pants are lol - well, perfect for us! There is plenty of it on ebay...
If any of you owns them I'd love to know how the sizing is!

qo875l.jpg

33bzx2g.jpg

5kogoz.jpg

2ic8lcx.jpg

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Goldfish said:
Did you know that you can get padded tips? I don't know if pads aren't the better choice, though. Keep going back and forth between the Hollywood and Starlight bra. Where did you get the pads?

Yes, I have one with the padded tips! They're great. As for the actual pads, I bought one set from What Katie Did and another while I was at Viva Las Vegas, though I suppose that doesn't help much! I believe that Secrets in Lace sells them as well, and I see them turn up from time to time on Ebay.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lusti Weather said:
Yes, I have one with the padded tips! They're great. As for the actual pads, I bought one set from What Katie Did and another while I was at Viva Las Vegas, though I suppose that doesn't help much! I believe that Secrets in Lace sells them as well, and I see them turn up from time to time on Ebay.

Secrets in Lace sells them, but at $17.50, they're pretty pricey. http://www.secretsinlace.com/product/424/Bullet_Bras

Babygirl Boutique sells them for $18 - http://www.babygirlboutique.com/bullet-bra-push-up-pads.html

What Katie did sells them for around $6. http://www.whatkatiedid.com/public/product_v5.php?fes_prd_id=439

My Baby Jo sells them for $6 (if you need someplace stateside to save on shipping) http://www.mybabyjo.com/under.htm

I believe Vicki's Bullet Bras and Pandora sell them, but I can't access those sites from my work. In any case, a Google search for "bullet bra pads" will pull up a surprising number of results.

Lottie

Familiar Face
Goldfish said:
Did anyone of you get these bras from the Sonia Rykiel pour H&M collection?
I have read in several fashion boards that "the bra is so pointy it makes me look like a pin up from the fifties!:confused:" and how ugly those highwaisted granny pants are lol - well, perfect for us! There is plenty of it on ebay...
If any of you owns them I'd love to know how the sizing is!

qo875l.jpg

33bzx2g.jpg

5kogoz.jpg

2ic8lcx.jpg

I don't have this set, but the lacy one and it fits fine and runs true to size. I'm thinking about getting one of the other sets now though! ;D Does anyone know if they offer enough support for a D cup?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MirandaFern said:
Does anyone know if you can get the H & M bra set online? I don't have an H & M anywhere in the state.

Ebay only. H&M doesn't sell online. Also, much of their stock rotates so quickly that it won't even be in the store for more than a week, so it's hard to even find some of their stuff with 4 H&M stores in your city!

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Idledame said:
IMG_4042.jpg

I agree with all the other ladies, this is the sweetest thing I have heard about in a long while!

Can I ask, what was her response when she first seen them?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Nip & Tuck

Hello ladies,

I haven’t purchased anything from Secrets in Lace yet, but their stuff looks lovely.

I have a lot of What Katie Did garmets from the UK, which I love. Uncertain if Cameo Intimates have been mentioned here, but they are amazing. Custom made in Canada: cameo-intimates I had a custom made bullet bra and knickers made, so cute white with red dots! A great company to deal with.

Other than that, I have a few vintage bullet bras, bustiers and girdles! Have to nip & tuck!

Oh, and of course Rago is amazing for shapewear.

Goldfish, the Rykiel collection was sold out very quickly here. *sobs*

02-Polka_Dot_S-t-r-e-t-c-h_Bullet_Bra_and_Full_Brief.jpg

Cameo bra & knickers I purchased. ;0

;0
Best,
Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Definitely true Kitty! But, I love that they are custom made and I’m supporting a Canadian company. All the other companies I buy from are US or UK. Nice to have something lovely made right at home. ;)
X

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hey Ladies,

Just a comparison question. I have several bras/sets by 'What Katie Did' but none from Secrets in Lace. Their line looks amazing. Just wondering how they compare to WKD in terms of quality/fit? If it's possible to compare. Thanks!

X
BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana