Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous things from this designer. ;) Expensive though, bras about 80 pounds.

http://www.mellefred.com/index.html

W09MademoiselleFred2.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Lottie said:
Oh wow, that is one stunning ensemble. Thank you for posting that, I noticed they have a shop in Berlin that sells their stuff.. yay!

Lottie, not a problem. If you hit that shop, let us all know how it is. I'm dying to know how well the line fits. ;)

And, your profile pic is gorgeous!

They also appear to sell this line in London at Fairy Goth Mother. ;)

X
BD

Goldfish

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
In any case, a Google search for "bullet bra pads" will pull up a surprising number of results.

Thank you, I didn't expect to find them in any shop other than UK or US based ones, but there are in fact German shops that carry pads, yay!!

And to all you German & UK ladies, I recently found out about this brand called Naturana who came out with bullet bra designs on their brands anniversary. They are in the same price range as WKD.

Satin Glamour - soft-bra (5592) cups B, C, D 34-40, comes in black + cream
!Bm(cUdwCGk~$(KGrHqQOKjwEt8nE9T(CBLfYUszvBQ~~_35.JPG
98-img1-7.jpg

Princess - soft-bra (5465) cups B, C, D 34-40, comes in black-green and black-red
85-img1-11.jpg
85-img2-11.jpg

Haven't had a chance to try them out in store yet, but if I do I will update ;).

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
In case it's of interest to any readers of this thread -- at CladriteRadio.com today, we posted a list of 1949 advertising slogans for brassieres, girdles, and corsets. It's kind of fun to see how these items were once pitched to the buying public:

http://cladriteradio.com/ppbra

Lenore

Practically Family
Lookie what I found!!!!

Amerimark-3-PackCottonFlareLeg04439.jpg

I'm thinking tap pants! Found these at AmeriMark for $11.99 for a three pack of Cotton Flare Leg Panty. They also have some Nylon ones for the same price.

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!* I just placed an order for two sets. Plain white cotton so that I can dye a couple black to go under my dark dresses, and some Nylon Brights, because they were just too pretty of colors not to!

044191.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lenore, I'd been eyeing those for awhile and decided not to get them because they didn't have black - and usually when you dye, the stitching doesn't take the dye well. I've been happy with dyed nylon slips though, so maybe I should suck it up and get some of these. I can certainly use them for when I'm dancing (and windy days), and the price can't be beat!

Lenore

Practically Family
Agreed. For the price, I figure if the dye doesn't really take, then oh well. I'm just happy to find them for less than 25-30 bucks a pop!

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Idledame said:
I promised LadyDay I would post a photo. For some big occasion my dad wanted to buy my mom some extravagant piece of jewelry, but she, being practical, told him it was a waste of money. She had pearls and some gold jewelry that she only rarely had a chance to wear. So, he wracked his brain and came up with a totally usefull yet extravagant gift. 14 karat gold garters! He had a jeweler custom make them. She wore them whenever she wore stockings and showed them to everyone!

What a clever idea. It's practical, but romantic at the same time. Whenever she put on a pair of stockings, she thought of him.

And you know they wouldn't rust :)

M

MissHannah

One Too Many
Goldfish said:
And to all you German & UK ladies, I recently found out about this brand called Naturana who came out with bullet bra designs on their brands anniversary. They are in the same price range as WKD.

Satin Glamour - soft-bra (5592) cups B, C, D 34-40, comes in black + cream
!Bm(cUdwCGk~$(KGrHqQOKjwEt8nE9T(CBLfYUszvBQ~~_35.JPG
98-img1-7.jpg

Princess - soft-bra (5465) cups B, C, D 34-40, comes in black-green and black-red
85-img1-11.jpg
85-img2-11.jpg

Haven't had a chance to try them out in store yet, but if I do I will update ;).

I've just been on their website and they look lovely. They don't go down to my back-size unfortunately, which is weird as their model looks like about a 30 back. There isn't a difference in German sizing from UK is there?!!

Goldfish

A-List Customer
MissHannah said:
I've just been on their website and they look lovely. They don't go down to my back-size unfortunately, which is weird as their model looks like about a 30 back. There isn't a difference in German sizing from UK is there?!!

From what I can see most of their bra sizes start at a band size 34, there are a few 32s in between. I haven't been to a store carrying the brand yet, so I can't say anything else on the sizing, but online reviews say they stretch out a lot. Maybe it's possible to make the band smaller (not a seamstress, so I wouldn't know). Might not be worth all the hassle :eusa_doh:.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Itty Bitty... Well, you know...

Has anyone shopped on www.laurensilva.com? There seem to be a lot of odd sizes represented but as I know next to nothing about quality bras I was hoping someone else would. I'm only an A cup but I've got a 38 band size which is nearly impossible to find. I'm used to wearing 36 but I'm wondering if going up a band size would give me a better fit. Anybody had any luck on this one?

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
Lenore said:
Amerimark-3-PackCottonFlareLeg04439.jpg

I'm thinking tap pants! Found these at AmeriMark for $11.99 for a three pack of Cotton Flare Leg Panty. They also have some Nylon ones for the same price.

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!* I just placed an order for two sets. Plain white cotton so that I can dye a couple black to go under my dark dresses, and some Nylon Brights, because they were just too pretty of colors not to!

044191.jpg

Lenore - Thanks for bringing these up. I have a pair of black maidenform slip shorts I've worn for years that are similar in style to these, and have been looking for something like them in other colors. I like the pastels, will definitely get a set of those.

NicoleAnn

Familiar Face
I kinda have a question. :p
Im trying to buy a girdle or garter belt on ebay
and my waist measurement is 24 or 24 1/2
and around a 34-ish hips
and almost all of the small girdles and garter belts have a 24 inch waist
is that going to work if my actual waist is 24?
orr? [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider