What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by vampygirl13, May 20, 2009.

1. Lusti Weather

Lusti Weather One of the Regulars

If 24 is the unstretched measurement, I'd advise you to look for something smaller. I have vintage girdles that state they're for a 24" waist, but are several inches smaller than that when they're unstretched.

2. kymeratale

kymeratale One of the Regulars

long leg tap pants?

I have been searching to no avail for a tap pant with a longer leg. Exhausted all the local places and no luck so far online. I have those kind of thighs that don't care to be in proximity to each other. If I want to go with bare legs, I need something to keep my thighs from arguing with each other. They need to be a couple of inches longer that the ones in this pic. I am hoping for something silky or satiny so I don't need to add a slip to my cotton skirts if I don't want to. I have looked all over and I can't find any that will work. Any suggestions? Most everything I find is boy short length or like these ones which are too short. I keep stealing a pair of my husband's long-leg boxer briefs, which annoys him and isn't very pretty. I guess it is more like a bike-type short than a tap pant, but actual bike shorts are obviously too bulky.

3. Not a tap pant exactly, but maybe these or these from the Vermont Country Store would work?

4. KittyT

KittyT I'll Lock Up

Here are some lovely nylon pettipants that will hopefully be exactly what you're looking for (at http://www.underworks.com/pettipants/)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are vintage nylon ones, including some longer leg styles, available at http://www.vintageslips4u.com/sub6_pettipants.htm. Most are not too expensive.

These are from Amazon:
    [​IMG]

From Satin Rose Intimates (http://www.satinroseintimates.com/products/VL3362-Velrose-Nylon-Pettipants-at-Satin-Rose-Intimates)
    [​IMG]

In short, a basic Google (or Amazon) search for "nylon pettipants" should find you exactly what you're looking for!

5. kymeratale

kymeratale One of the Regulars

See, knowing what to call them is the bit I was missing! I learned something new today, pettipants! Fedora Loungers come through for my underwear needs. lol

6. Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia Call Me a Cab

Lucy B

Hi ladies,
    I think the Lucy B line is sweet..but most of their bras seem to provide limited support. And..well, I need support. Has anyone purchased one of their bullet bras?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ta X
    BD

http://www.lucyb.com/

7. Retro Chick

Retro Chick New in Town

Vintaga are a sponsor on my site and they sent me some stuff just before Christmas.

As far as I'm aware most of the stuff they sell is from other brands like Stockings and Romance, rather than own brand, I got a girdle, corselette and some high waist knickers and they're all labelled Stockings and Romance.

8. Black Dahlia

Thank you for letting me know Retro Chick, I didn't realize their merchandise wasn't their own label. I've not heard of Stockings and Romance, shall look it up. :)

I just bought a new What Katie Did bra, one that isn't one of their bullet bras (below). Shall see what it's like when it arrives!

X
    BD
    [​IMG]

9. Black Dahlia

I bought two new bras from the line Underscore from JCPenney, retro look and fit. ;) Some examples below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

X
    BD

10. Lusti Weather

Lusti Weather One of the Regulars

Very bad news for the Cameo Intimates fans; I received an email from them yesterday that they're closing up shop. :( I own bullet bras from Cameo and a couple of other well-known retro lingerie retailers, and the quality of the others couldn't even come close. Looks like I'll be sticking to vintage bullet bras from here on out...

11. Puzzicato

Puzzicato One Too Many

I wear these when I am wearing dresses. They aren't pretty but my lord they are comfortable! They stop the chafing like nothing else, and they are cotton so they are cool and breathe nicely. They are pretty pricey, and only come in white, but they take dye pretty well (although weirdly, I dyed a couple of pairs black recently, and the stitching stayed white - which I expected - and the elastic turned orange!)

12. Black Dahlia

Oh no! I had no clue..I also love their items. :( :( :(

X
    BD

Checked their website...*sobs*

13. VintageGlam

VintageGlam New in Town

Nooooooooo!!!! My husband and I just found their site recently, and LOVED their product line. We were waiting to put in an order soon. :(

I guess I will email them, but perhaps it was not meant to be. :eusa_doh:

14. KittyT

KittyT I'll Lock Up

How terrible! I don't own any of their items, mostly because of the price, but I was hoping to at some point, and enjoyed knowing that the option was there, even if I wasn't purchasing from them.

15. LoserVonTeese

LoserVonTeese Familiar Face

wear do you find the gaters with the metel clips... I so want some so my garters are just "bedroom " ones...:eusa_doh:

16. TillyMilly

TillyMilly One of the Regulars

If you can't find any, most haberdashers sell them that you can attach with a few stiitches yourself- or you could try brace clips (i'm not sure how they are different from metal garter clips - as they look very similar to me- they may be the same thing- anyone?)

I was looking for a nice (lacy and lady like etc.- not sporty or cotton-y little-girl like) white bra recently to wear under a white blouse (I'm 32 D right now BTW) and you'd think I'd have no problem? I only went to my highstreet as I needed it quite soon, I tried John Lewis- which were not that nice and far too expensive, I tried Debenhams and could only find padded and fuller bust ones - and I tried La Senza and was told that they don't make unpadded bras in smaller sizes than DD- what?

Do retailers think that all gals with smaller busts hanker after bigger ones? I was very happy with a B cup and wouldn't mind being that size again- and besides when it's for everyday work wear I don't really want to be drawing that kind of attention to myself. I ended up with a nasty padded miscrofibre T-shirt bra from John Lewis- God, I think T-shirts bras are so ugly and microfibre is plain nasty.... rant over, feel better now.

17. MissHannah

MissHannah One Too Many

Padded bras seem to be the norm, even in bigger sizes. The aim seems to be to make everyone's boobs look as large and spherical as possible! M&S do a huge range of unpadded, unwired bras (there the ones in boxes) most of which start at a 32 back. They do some fab longline bras too but they only start at a 34 back unfortunately.

18. Brabarella

Brabarella New in Town

Tishkaminx,
    You should check out Silhouette bras. I think they may meet your needs. Here is a link to some of the styles we carry, but there are also other styles available. We're one of the few vendors for them over here, but I know you can find many shops that carry them over there (they're based in Manchester). They're a great company to work with. If you're interested but can't find a shop near you, I can give you their telephone number.

http://brabarella.com/silhouette bras.htm

19. KittyT

KittyT I'll Lock Up

You should try looking back in this thread a bit - there are many, many recommendations! Among them are Girdlebound, Secrets in Lace, Alexis4u, Lady Grace.....

20. Lady Cecilia

Lady Cecilia New in Town

I'm a 32D as well and know what you mean. I'm reluctant to buy any bras online because I think it's important to try them on before buying. I have managed to find some nice unpadded bras on the highstreet after a lot of searching though. I bought a non wired bra with lacy bits from John Lewis a few months ago which may not be the sexiest one in my underwear drawer but does give a fairly vintage-looking shape and is amazingly comfortable. I also second Miss Hannah's recommendation to look in M&S, I have a few of their non-padded bras, both underwired and non wired which are really nice and good quality. I'm surprised you couldn't find anything at Debenhams as I've bought a few non padded bras there myself. I've got a couple of lovely Fantasie bras I found there in the sale but their sizing seems to be rather inconsistent, so it's best to try a few different ones on. I've never found any bra I liked and that fitted at La Senza.