Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
NicoleAnn said:
I kinda have a question. :p
Im trying to buy a girdle or garter belt on ebay
and my waist measurement is 24 or 24 1/2
and around a 34-ish hips
and almost all of the small girdles and garter belts have a 24 inch waist
is that going to work if my actual waist is 24?
orr? [huh]

If 24 is the unstretched measurement, I'd advise you to look for something smaller. I have vintage girdles that state they're for a 24" waist, but are several inches smaller than that when they're unstretched.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
long leg tap pants?

Lenore said:
Amerimark-3-PackCottonFlareLeg04439.jpg

I have been searching to no avail for a tap pant with a longer leg. Exhausted all the local places and no luck so far online. I have those kind of thighs that don't care to be in proximity to each other. If I want to go with bare legs, I need something to keep my thighs from arguing with each other. They need to be a couple of inches longer that the ones in this pic. I am hoping for something silky or satiny so I don't need to add a slip to my cotton skirts if I don't want to. I have looked all over and I can't find any that will work. Any suggestions? Most everything I find is boy short length or like these ones which are too short. I keep stealing a pair of my husband's long-leg boxer briefs, which annoys him and isn't very pretty. I guess it is more like a bike-type short than a tap pant, but actual bike shorts are obviously too bulky.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kymeratale said:
They need to be a couple of inches longer that the ones in this pic. I am hoping for something silky or satiny so I don't need to add a slip to my cotton skirts if I don't want to.

Here are some lovely nylon pettipants that will hopefully be exactly what you're looking for (at http://www.underworks.com/pettipants/)
8495.jpg

8437.jpg

8481.jpg

There are vintage nylon ones, including some longer leg styles, available at http://www.vintageslips4u.com/sub6_pettipants.htm. Most are not too expensive.

These are from Amazon:
41A0-xtpIoL._AA300_.jpg

From Satin Rose Intimates (http://www.satinroseintimates.com/products/VL3362-Velrose-Nylon-Pettipants-at-Satin-Rose-Intimates)
VL3362white_mid.jpg

In short, a basic Google (or Amazon) search for "nylon pettipants" should find you exactly what you're looking for!

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
In short, a basic Google (or Amazon) search for "nylon pettipants" should find you exactly what you're looking for!

See, knowing what to call them is the bit I was missing! I learned something new today, pettipants! Fedora Loungers come through for my underwear needs. lol

Retro Chick

New in Town
Black Dahlia said:
Hi ladies,
Just wondering if anyone has ordered from this company? How is the quality/fit?

http://www.vintaga.co.uk/index.php

Thanks,
BD

Vintaga are a sponsor on my site and they sent me some stuff just before Christmas.

As far as I'm aware most of the stuff they sell is from other brands like Stockings and Romance, rather than own brand, I got a girdle, corselette and some high waist knickers and they're all labelled Stockings and Romance.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Retro Chick said:
Vintaga are a sponsor on my site and they sent me some stuff just before Christmas.

As far as I'm aware most of the stuff they sell is from other brands like Stockings and Romance, rather than own brand, I got a girdle, corselette and some high waist knickers and they're all labelled Stockings and Romance.

Thank you for letting me know Retro Chick, I didn't realize their merchandise wasn't their own label. I've not heard of Stockings and Romance, shall look it up. :)

I just bought a new What Katie Did bra, one that isn't one of their bullet bras (below). Shall see what it's like when it arrives!

X
BD
wkd_glamour_bra_black2_large.jpg

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Very bad news for the Cameo Intimates fans; I received an email from them yesterday that they're closing up shop. :( I own bullet bras from Cameo and a couple of other well-known retro lingerie retailers, and the quality of the others couldn't even come close. Looks like I'll be sticking to vintage bullet bras from here on out...

Puzzicato

One Too Many
kymeratale said:
I have been searching to no avail for a tap pant with a longer leg. Exhausted all the local places and no luck so far online. I have those kind of thighs that don't care to be in proximity to each other. If I want to go with bare legs, I need something to keep my thighs from arguing with each other. They need to be a couple of inches longer that the ones in this pic. I am hoping for something silky or satiny so I don't need to add a slip to my cotton skirts if I don't want to. I have looked all over and I can't find any that will work. Any suggestions? Most everything I find is boy short length or like these ones which are too short. I keep stealing a pair of my husband's long-leg boxer briefs, which annoys him and isn't very pretty. I guess it is more like a bike-type short than a tap pant, but actual bike shorts are obviously too bulky.

I wear these when I am wearing dresses. They aren't pretty but my lord they are comfortable! They stop the chafing like nothing else, and they are cotton so they are cool and breathe nicely. They are pretty pricey, and only come in white, but they take dye pretty well (although weirdly, I dyed a couple of pairs black recently, and the stitching stayed white - which I expected - and the elastic turned orange!)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Lusti Weather said:
Very bad news for the Cameo Intimates fans; I received an email from them yesterday that they're closing up shop. :( I own bullet bras from Cameo and a couple of other well-known retro lingerie retailers, and the quality of the others couldn't even come close. Looks like I'll be sticking to vintage bullet bras from here on out...

Oh no! I had no clue..I also love their items. :( :( :(

X
BD

Checked their website...*sobs*

VintageGlam

New in Town
Lusti Weather said:

Nooooooooo!!!! My husband and I just found their site recently, and LOVED their product line. We were waiting to put in an order soon. :(

I guess I will email them, but perhaps it was not meant to be. :eusa_doh:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lusti Weather said:
Very bad news for the Cameo Intimates fans; I received an email from them yesterday that they're closing up shop. :(

How terrible! I don't own any of their items, mostly because of the price, but I was hoping to at some point, and enjoyed knowing that the option was there, even if I wasn't purchasing from them.

LoserVonTeese

Familiar Face
wear do you find the gaters with the metel clips... I so want some so my garters are just "bedroom " ones...:eusa_doh:

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
If you can't find any, most haberdashers sell them that you can attach with a few stiitches yourself- or you could try brace clips (i'm not sure how they are different from metal garter clips - as they look very similar to me- they may be the same thing- anyone?)

I was looking for a nice (lacy and lady like etc.- not sporty or cotton-y little-girl like) white bra recently to wear under a white blouse (I'm 32 D right now BTW) and you'd think I'd have no problem? I only went to my highstreet as I needed it quite soon, I tried John Lewis- which were not that nice and far too expensive, I tried Debenhams and could only find padded and fuller bust ones - and I tried La Senza and was told that they don't make unpadded bras in smaller sizes than DD- what?

Do retailers think that all gals with smaller busts hanker after bigger ones? I was very happy with a B cup and wouldn't mind being that size again- and besides when it's for everyday work wear I don't really want to be drawing that kind of attention to myself. I ended up with a nasty padded miscrofibre T-shirt bra from John Lewis- God, I think T-shirts bras are so ugly and microfibre is plain nasty.... rant over, feel better now.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Padded bras seem to be the norm, even in bigger sizes. The aim seems to be to make everyone's boobs look as large and spherical as possible! M&S do a huge range of unpadded, unwired bras (there the ones in boxes) most of which start at a 32 back. They do some fab longline bras too but they only start at a 34 back unfortunately.

Brabarella

New in Town
Tishkaminx,
You should check out Silhouette bras. I think they may meet your needs. Here is a link to some of the styles we carry, but there are also other styles available. We're one of the few vendors for them over here, but I know you can find many shops that carry them over there (they're based in Manchester). They're a great company to work with. If you're interested but can't find a shop near you, I can give you their telephone number.

http://brabarella.com/silhouette bras.htm

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LoserVonTeese said:
wear do you find the gaters with the metel clips... I so want some so my garters are just "bedroom " ones...:eusa_doh:

You should try looking back in this thread a bit - there are many, many recommendations! Among them are Girdlebound, Secrets in Lace, Alexis4u, Lady Grace.....

Lady Cecilia

New in Town
Tishkaminx said:
I was looking for a nice (lacy and lady like etc.- not sporty or cotton-y little-girl like) white bra recently to wear under a white blouse (I'm 32 D right now BTW) and you'd think I'd have no problem? I only went to my highstreet as I needed it quite soon, I tried John Lewis- which were not that nice and far too expensive, I tried Debenhams and could only find padded and fuller bust ones - and I tried La Senza and was told that they don't make unpadded bras in smaller sizes than DD- what?

I'm a 32D as well and know what you mean. I'm reluctant to buy any bras online because I think it's important to try them on before buying. I have managed to find some nice unpadded bras on the highstreet after a lot of searching though. I bought a non wired bra with lacy bits from John Lewis a few months ago which may not be the sexiest one in my underwear drawer but does give a fairly vintage-looking shape and is amazingly comfortable. I also second Miss Hannah's recommendation to look in M&S, I have a few of their non-padded bras, both underwired and non wired which are really nice and good quality. I'm surprised you couldn't find anything at Debenhams as I've bought a few non padded bras there myself. I've got a couple of lovely Fantasie bras I found there in the sale but their sizing seems to be rather inconsistent, so it's best to try a few different ones on. I've never found any bra I liked and that fitted at La Senza.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112