Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Heather said:
Okay, so just in case I can't fill out the tip of the bullet bra, could someone recommend a cheaper alternative to the bullet bra pads secrets in lace offers? 17.50 seems a bit steep. [huh]

Ebay, but don't worry about it yet. Did you already order the bra? :)

Heather

Practically Family
my SIL bullet bra arrived today!!

What speedy shipping! I couldn't believe it! Anyways, love the bra. It's so pretty and femininte! I fill it out pretty well but it wouldn't hurt to get some pads for the tips of them. I did find a seller on ebay but is there anyone someone could recommend?

Inky

One Too Many
Urgent Slip Tip Needed!

Hello ladies! My newest Swirl dress arrived today and it's lovely - it's taking a bath right now (verrry musty!). I would like to wear it tomorrow to a BIG charity barbecue event, but I am concerned over windy conditions that sometimes crop up around these coastal parts.

The dress is gingham - I really don't want to wear a nylon slip nor do I want to go out and try to find a cotton one. I have some light weight smooth muslin - would that make a good slip do you think?

any other suggestions?

Inky

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
I think in a pinch, the muslin could work. Do you have some old sheets you could repurpose?

LD

not that would work underneath the red gingham (i have mostly black sheets!). I think I will give it a go, worse case scenario I still have muslin to use for tea towels or some other mock up! Unfortunately I don't have much time but I think I can whip up something suitable (at least better than hot nylon!) tonight after dinner.

thanks LD!!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inky said:
Hello ladies! My newest Swirl dress arrived today and it's lovely - it's taking a bath right now (verrry musty!). I would like to wear it tomorrow to a BIG charity barbecue event, but I am concerned over windy conditions that sometimes crop up around these coastal parts.

The dress is gingham - I really don't want to wear a nylon slip nor do I want to go out and try to find a cotton one. I have some light weight smooth muslin - would that make a good slip do you think?

any other suggestions?

Fashion tape! Is there a Sally's near you? That will prevent the wrap part from flying.

cailinbeag

Familiar Face
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
You should get a long-line bra, that should smooth it out. But it's probably fine to post, as well. :)

Thanks. :) I think part of the problem is that I'm 5'10". Both girdles and long line bras are short in the body on me. Best I find an alternative at this point...like the Pilates I keep saying I'm going to do and then not doing.

Inky

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Fashion tape! Is there a Sally's near you? That will prevent the wrap part from flying.

oh my gosh, i want to marry you and KittyT right NOW! Will that really do the trick? it's pretty lightweight gingham and yes, we do have a Sally's and I even have a coupon - where is it in the store usually? I think the Hane's outlet carries it too (with all those goofy stick on bra things).

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
oh my gosh, i want to marry you and KittyT right NOW! Will that really do the trick? it's pretty lightweight gingham and yes, we do have a Sally's and I even have a coupon - where is it in the store usually? I think the Hane's outlet carries it too (with all those goofy stick on bra things).

Every Sally's I've ever been to has it in stock. What I like about the kind they sell is that it comes in pre-cut strips, both narrow and wide. I usually stick a couple of each in my change purse or credit card case so I have them ... just in case :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Every Sally's I've ever been to has it in stock. What I like about the kind they sell is that it comes in pre-cut strips, both narrow and wide. I usually stick a couple of each in my change purse or credit card case so I have them ... just in case :)
i've seen them in the Intimate sections of Target and Walmart. Usually at an end cap with the clear straps for bras and "cut lets".

Inky

One Too Many
KittyT said:

Kitty (and BellaHell) I am so grateful for your suggestion on the garment tape. I used it yesterday on my swirl dress (the kind you mentioned from Sally's) and it was perfect. It lasted sitting in the car, sitting through dinner and dancing vigorously all night. It was STILL sticky after I removed it from the dress, and caused absolutely no damage to the fabric.

I know have a box in my dresser and a few in my wallet as well! Never leave home without it again!

spacegirlblues

New in Town
Inky said:

Double stick tape also works wonderfully!

Lenore

Practically Family
Bra Sizing and the like....

Okay ladies... I have a bra issue.

At my last fitting, (though I've stopped nursing since) I was at a 32 DD/E. When I was younger, and differently shaped, I wore a Playtex 18 hour and adored it. As they're impossible to find in my size, I was wondering if I were to get a 34 D, and then have it taken in to a 32 would it fit comfortably...?

The 32 thing is difficult enough. I feel guilty going into a place to get fitted and then not purchasing. :eek:

Odalisque

A-List Customer
SIL sale

Just picked up two Lace overlay bullet bras at Secrets in Lace for.....$12 each!
I guess the style is being discontinued so if you ever wanted to get a bullet bra for super cheap, head over.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
I know have a box in my dresser and a few in my wallet as well! Never leave home without it again!

I'm so glad it worked out for you!!! As I mentioned, I use it on fabric belts, bra straps, gaping necklines, ripped out hems when there's no time to repair, slip straps to keep them from falling down my shoulders, to keep scarves and drapey fabric in place...

zendy

A-List Customer
Odalisque said:
Just picked up two Lace overlay bullet bras at Secrets in Lace for.....$12 each!
I guess the style is being discontinued so if you ever wanted to get a bullet bra for super cheap, head over.

Mine just arrived today and it is amazingly comfy and looks great. I definitely recommend these for the price. They actually look better than the pricey ones from SIL in my opinion

kissmedeadly

New in Town
PS said:
Catherine!
I have to say that aside from the sizing not being spot on, it is a beautiful piece. I am a US 6/8 and wanted so badly for it to be perfect because it's so lovely. Any chance that I might be able to exchange the garment for one from the next run in the Autumn.

PS

Hiya,

sorry not to have replied earlier - got busy elsewhere and I also need to fix my account here so I know when people have replied :)

As you know, we don't sell direct to customers, so your best bet would be to talk to the retailer you bought it from. I would imagine though that it would be easier all round (especially for your finances) to send it back for a refund and buy it again when they let you know we have the new ones? That should be late September.

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
A "real" garter belt

Hi all,

Apologies if this was covered earlier. I believe I read somewhere that the garter belts they sell at places like Frederick's of Hollywood are more for show/the bedroom, rather than wearing.

I would like to get a real one, suitable for wearing. I would like new/repro. I don't like buying things online because they never fit correctly, so does anyone know a Los Angeles-area store that sells them?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk