Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

Sylvanrealm

New in Town
Does anyone here wear tap pants (are french knickers the Brit term?) for every day? Can they be worn under trousers? Are they comfortable for every day?

I do occasionally wear tap pants and, yes, they are very comfortable. I find them much more comfortable than most other forms of underwear. They shouldn't show up under pants either because they are generally made of very thin, silky material (at least from what I have encountered).

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Where can one find a good quality and fitting underdress? All I can find are slips, but I need something in black without the lacy bits all over to go under a couple of sheer dresses I have.

zombi

A-List Customer
Well, I was right. I wear a 32 C in "normal" bras and I bought a 34 C from What Katie Did -- the cups are too big. At least, I think that's the problem. The band feels fine to me, on the smallest setting, but there is such room in the cups I can't imagine it's supposed to look this way. I will have to carefully measure to figure out what size I need so I can send it back.

BUT the bra itself is lovely, I wish I had gotten the right size the first time. I can't wait to have one that fits so I can wear it!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I've been eying this 'Secrets in Lace' set, time to buy methinks! I wanted the What Katie Did leopard print bullet bra, but sadly it's no longer being made.
X
BD

569_2214_large.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
Oh, I have some of their woolen tights I have had for two or three years and worn often. Not a single ladder or hole so far.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Passing along a discount offer from the good folks at What Katy Did, as spotted by one of the Lounge's London gentlemen --

"I noticed in this morning's Metro an offer which the Ladies of the Lounge might find of interest. Lingerie brand What Katy Did are currently offering a 20% discount to customers who quote the "Metro" offer. Offer runs until 14 February, can't be used in conjunction with any other offers. According to Metro, the offer is good either in person in the boutique in London, or via the website, so presumably Lounge ladies based outside the UK can take advantage of it too."

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
ooh that's good to know! Maybe I'll use that offer for some new stockings!

I was going to ask you ladies if anyone has tried tulle seamed stockings?? I seem to ladder my stockings on such a regular basis - and my cat has a thing for attacking my legs which doesn't exactly help!! - so I just bought some tulle stockings from ebay as a hard wearing everyday alternative. They just arrived and they seem all baggy around the ankle before even being worn, so I am expecting these to get really unflattering and stretched out. They seem to stretch one way and then not pull back. Are all tulle stockings like this or are these just a poorly made pair?

What Katie Did has some tulle stockings available too, has anyone tried them?

Puzzicato

One Too Many

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I have the tulle stockings and they're fab, although I don't wear them as much as my 30denier 'red fox' stockings from them. I find all of their stockings to be a great fit and although they will get a bit looser and slightly wrinkle around the ankles with wear, I think this is part of the charm of wearing original non stretch stockings.

Although I do wear M&S opaque tights in the winter I can't wear modern stretchy stockings now, they feel horrid!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Ah thanks for the feedback ladies! I will snap up a pair as soon as I have some spare pennies. Although, I find their cheaper £5 stockings a bit disappointing, because they get really saggy. But maybe I should just wash them more often!!! However, sadly they've all perished now anyway thanks to my cat....

I have to say I find stretch stockings more comfy though! I got the CC09 stretch nylon 60 denier ones, but I didn't really get on with the vintage nude shade... :/ (and my fiance asked why on earth my legs were orange!). I do wear the 15 denier nude ones though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points