Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite Pie ?

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
27-0753a.gif

Apple, Cherry, Rhubarb, Strawberry...What Flavor do you Savor?

Mine is a fresh made Peach Pie (Ala Mode of course while it is still warm.)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Custard! In a flaky lard-based crust!! Chocolate cream is also pretty darn good.

When I was very young my father drove a truck for Cushman's Baking, and there were always lots of pies around. Unfortunately, he lost that job when I got into the back of the truck and -- um -- helped myself to a few....

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
Where to start...

Banana cream with real banana slices and homemade whipped cream, rhubarb with vanilla ice cream, strawberry, blueberry, Mississippi Mud, peach, cherry.

Somebody stop me!!! :eusa_doh:

colleency

One of the Regulars
To make? Apple or peach or lemon meringue.
Store bought? Chocolate, lemon sour cream, or coconut.
Store bought in the country? Clabbard (Buttermilk)

A long time ago, my mom decided to spend a year just driving around the country. Before she left, we had an all day, open house, going away party. Every hour or so, I brought out a different home made pie: apple, lemon meringue, key lime, raisin walnut, cherry, blueberry, etc. Many people ended up staying longer for just one little bite of whatever was coming out next. It was loads of fun; I should do it again.

J.M. Stoval, would you be willing to share Grandma's recipe?

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
Apple, warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

My second is pumpkin. It tastes best when you sneak into the kitchen late at night after Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, cut a slice and eat it with your hands over the sink.

But really, I love all pie, with the exception of mud pies and cow pies.

mmmmmm… pie

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Sweetie pie! Just kiddin' - they tend to leave a bad taste, and I think I'm allergic to them now! :D

...Coconut Custard - then Strawberry Rhubarb, Rasberry...and icebox!

None store bought grazie!

otterhound

One of the Regulars
It's hard to find a good pie these days! I'm a fruit pie fan, and I can't find a decent pie at the bakery or at restaurants. The crusts are always soggy. I'm too lazy to make them homemade, though.[huh]

Irena

One of the Regulars
Homemade pumpkin pie, without any whipped cream. One Thanksgiving I ate about two pies' worth, what a wonderful day that was!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21