When is close enough, good enough? What would you do?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ton312, Oct 15, 2021.

1. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

That’s good to know. Sounds like we might be seeing Mr. Proper in a shiny new Vanson one of these days!

MrProper likes this.
  2. jglf

jglf One of the Regulars

Did you provide Vanson with the cxl leather?

3. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Lol Who knows? I've had a look around the Vanson site. Many Café Racer and Crosszip. I'm well equipped with those. But maybe really the Oxford.
    But maybe I'm so happy with the new Lewis Leather that I no longer buy another leather jacket ;)

4. ton312

ton312

LOL!

El Marro, MrProper and Marc mndt like this.
  5. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

No, i ordered through Left field, the commando pattern belongs to them and they had some CXL left from the "gold standard" commando run they did.
    All i did was convince them to allow me to order a custom Commando variation with some of their remaining leather.

Zoo, ton312, Monitor and 1 other person like this.
  6. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I had one of those. Very nice, I had to move it on for fit reasons. I don't know what leather it was, but it was good stuff.

7. ton312

ton312

I think Logan’s closet sourced that hide. I remember the sleeves were laughably long so I never pursued one. That was an attempt at screen accuracy that yielded comic result. Mine won’t be a screen repro. It’ll be a wearable jacket.