Where can I find one of these

Discussion in 'Suits' started by Andykev, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Andykev

Andykev I'll Lock Up Bartender

Nobody has my size (44 s) as it seems all the good stuff is 37-40 in size....Does anyone know of a good location to get this ttyle of clothes?
    [​IMG]

I found this on Ebay but it wasn't my size so I copied the photo for reference. Maybe a trip to Vintage Expo ......
    Is this the style we all love? It is a nice brown with a hint of maybe gray in it.

2. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Greatings.
    I read your dilemna. I know how hard it is to find large sizes in 1930's and 40's clothing, however it is not impossable. I have been collecting since 1996 and have two closets full of clothing from the period (Mattdeckard keeps coming over to see the stuff). My trick is to look everywhere and not to be too picky.
    I am a 44 long and I do find 44 regs more than 44 long. try AAArdvarks Odd Ark (You have one of the best ones in San Fran), just pop in as often as you can and look. I have found alot of suits at AAArdvarks for a fraction of the price that other vintage shops charge; however, if you are desperate for a 40's suit and money is no object, I do know of 2 excellent dealers who live in San Francisco that might be of assistance.
    Matt tells me you already know Art Fawcett.
    Look up Roberto--- I will try to get his info to you soon and post it.

if you have any questions please ask me I would be happy to help.

[​IMG]
    Me and my good Friend Val out in our vintage duds.

Good Day.

3. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Wild Root, you're killing it in those clothes; not to mention that Val is a stunning woman. Are you dressed for an even or was it just a day out?

4. RomanImperator

RomanImperator One of the Regulars

You'd be hard pressed to get an answer considering that post is from 14 years ago and the member hasn't logged on in 11.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

scottyrocks and Bamaboots like this.
  5. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Ah, yes. I did forget to look at the date. In my defense, the lovey and classy woman in the photo had my undivided attention. Lesson learned, thank you.

6. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

A 14 year old bump - that has to be a record or close to one.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017