Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I get cheap, thin, dry vintage jeans?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
There are loads of places to get expensive thick selvedge so thats no problem.

But I'm looking for something for the summer.

I want them to be fairly thin, like 14oz or something (but can be lighter). I would love if they are dry, but its not a must.
Doesn't have to be selvedge (but doesn't hurt either)

I would like them to be a vintage brand, and somewhat vintage cut.
Its not important that they are true vintage, but just a little higher rise then modern jeans.

I think IronHeart 634s is a good cut, not too high and not too low.

Preferably they don't cost alot either.

Mission Impossible? :D

Anyone has a size 34 to sell me? :p

Last edited:

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Two jeans I have which have a nice midrise cut are the jeanshop rocker http://worldjeanshop.com/indigo-rocker/ and the fitted straight by Sugarcane. Both can be had in dry selvedge or one wash.

In terms of fit, both are a slimmer/more fitted in the leg than the Ironheart 634S. Not skinny, but slimmer than straight. The Jeanshop are vanity sized, so size down two and the Sugarcanes stretch, so size down at least one.

Sorry that they are not that cheap, but I think both are much better denim than say APC ;)

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, I was thinking of the Old Town Stovepipe model ... http://www.old-town.co.uk/products/stovepipes.htm

According to the website, they can do these in 7, 10, 11.5 and 12 oz denim...

stovepipes1.jpg

injunjack

One of the Regulars
Have you checked Pike Brothers??

Also there will be 634s cut in lighter denim under Triple Works brand if I remember correctly. You might want to check that from IH forum.

fnoprx

Familiar Face
I am not a selvegde addict, but I do appreciate nice denim. A personal favourite is the Wrangler Spencer in dry denim. Slim fitting, but you can size up for something a bit more relaxed, and the denim is quite light. They are definitely not fancy, but they are cheap, they fit me well and are well made, and Wrangler IS a classic jean maker.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
If they are never washed - they are dry.
Its good to know because dry jeans tend to leave indigo on everything. Sofas, white shirts, socks, light suede shoes and so on.

This is until they are washed.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I was thinking about Wrangler, I gotta find a shop for them close to me and check them out.
Yeah its a classic really cool brand (to mee)

Lots of good choices here gents, thanks alot. Biggest problem is to find them in my vicinity.

filfoster

One Too Many
I was thinking about Wrangler, I gotta find a shop for them close to me and check them out.
Yeah its a classic really cool brand (to mee)

Lots of good choices here gents, thanks alot. Biggest problem is to find them in my vicinity.

I am a Wrangler fan. I have worn Levi's, Lee's and Wranglers for over 50 years and the current 'dry' (now that I know what that is) ones are good, thick denim that is significantly thicker than Levi's, especially the overpriced Levi's 'vintage' or retro ones they hawked a few years ago and I bought (the 1927 era ones). These Wrangler jeans (I get mine from Shepler's online), wear well, and fade very slowly to that well worn look. Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ