Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Hi Ladies and Gents,

After looking around the lounge and the powder room, I've been getting very curious where all these user names came from (handles, names, whatever you want to call them). So fill me in! What inspired you to come up with your user name??

I'll get this started, mines very simple, Madison Paige is my first and middle name.

Sorry if there is already a thread like this, but I couldn't find anything...

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At the School of Infantry in California I was apparently never able to muster up a decently scary "war face".

One of the training NCO's riffed off my last name and came up with "carebear".

Stands out on the radio among all the "death dealers" and "grim reapers", tends to tick off the zeros as well. So I grew to like it. :D

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Wanted a vintage-sounding girl's name, which my real name is not, and violas are pretty flowers (violets and pansies and johnny-jump-ups).

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
My name is David Devereux, but most of my friends call me Doc.

carebear said:
At the School of Infantry in California I was apparently never able to muster up a decently scary "war face".

One of the training NCO's riffed off my last name and came up with "carebear".

Stands out on the radio among all the "death dealers" and "grim reapers", tends to tick off the zeros as well. So I grew to like it. :D

Oddly enough, I have a similar thing going on with my callsign: Wabbit. Apparently the second choice was Sweetums, after the big monster onthe Muppet Show! lol

Barbigirl

Practically Family
=8-o

My name really is Barbi. You know the character Rollergirl in Boogie Nights? An old friend put a twist on it and adapted a term of affection/inside joke to Barbigirl after watching that movie. I use it for all my web screen names if at all possible.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
This name just came into my mind when I was thinking of a new username. That was 3 years ago. It's used everywhere. Look it up and see for yourself!

happy = :D
film = film maker
luv (love) = love for film
guy = I don't know what this means :p

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Well, mine is pretty self evident. It was my first choice for an e-mail address with Yahoo many years ago. That was before I knew how to use it and it is long gone to someone else.

But I now use reetpleatsf, as I used to live in San Francisco. I am just thrilled it was available.

If you don't know, reet pleat is a slang term from thirties hipster jazz usage. Reet is good as in all right, all reet, all root. Reet! and pleat as in a sharp crease in your slacks.

As in, The cat picked up a righteous vine at the shy's for a nickle. It had a reet pleat and a stuffed cuff. He was outa sight. I liked to near flip my lid when I first laid my peepers on it.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine is just a slightly more naughty version of my stage name, which is Miss Bella Inferno. I wanted to change it to Bella Hell but the other girls wouldn't let me! Oh, well.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I use the same name on every message board. The 18th century ones, and the "early to mid 20th century" ones. I am of German descent, and perhaps a bit overweight (though that is quickly changing), and I took my name from the OLD Pennsylvania German polka band "Six Fat Dutchmen" (why on earth Deutschers are called "German" and Hollanders were ever called "Dutch", I don't know...:p ). I could have called myself the "Slightly overweight German" but that doesn't have the same ring to it...:D

Actually, on one board I am "der Fett' Deutscher".;)

WOO HOO HOO!:eusa_booh :drum: :whistling

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Linc as in Lincoln Motor Division
Song because I ran across a new employee of a client named Birdsong. So I thought that was a funny last name.lol
Yeah, I know I have a wicked sense of humor.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk