Where did your user name come from??

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Madison Paige, Dec 19, 2006.

1. J.W.

J.W. A-List Customer

Simply my initials. No middle name, so I won't go down in history as a president or mass-murderer.

2. bloc

bloc One of the Regulars

I am a Welsh milliner and bloc is Welsh for block (as in hat block). You would never have guessed, ay...

3. puffMe

puffMe Banned

I just find it cute. Well for some reasons, it randomly came out in my mind and I thought it's good so that's it.

4. cw3pa

cw3pa A-List Customer

My rank and job title when I retired from the US Army.

5. loosebolts

loosebolts Familiar Face

most of the stuff around me is either broken or requires constant tightening bolts.

6. Warlord of The Weejuns

Warlord of The Weejuns New in Town

"The Warlord of The Weejuns" was the title of liner notes for a Miles Davis album written by Esquire fashion writer George Frazier. I liked the title and the essay. I like weejuns also and just the thought of those shoes in the context of a warlord was just too much. Try to visualize that as a fashion image! And last, but not least I am a huge Miles Davis fan.

7. Revolver

Revolver New in Town

I am a firearms collector and shooter and I've always been fascinated with the mechanical workings and beauty of a vintage revolver.

8. The Reno Kid

The Reno Kid A-List Customer

During a long summer break while I was in college (a very long time ago now), I got a job tending bar in a pub in London. One of the regulars asked where I was from. I told him and he promptly christened me "The Reno Kid." It caught on and stuck for the remainder of my tenure behind the bar.

9. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

'The Rocketeer' Just one of my favourite action films with the gorgeous Jennifer Connelly. Staring who else?........Now......let me think?

10. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Practically Family

Yes Violets and Violas are pretty flowers as well as nice names, my mother is a Violet, pansies can be stunning too and such large flowers, but what is a Johnny-Jump-up?

11. Strapped-4-Cache

Strapped-4-Cache One Too Many

My username came from a geocaching forum and has remained with me through all others in which I've participated. At the time I created it, a big focus on the forum was to log as many caches as possible. As a newbie, my numbers were well below most other members. The pun was too much to resist, so Strapped-4-Cache was created.

12. CataWhatas

CataWhatas New in Town

We have 3 Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs - Catahoulas for short - and an honorary Catahoula (his Momma was an honorable Nanny Dog from Hurricane Katrina, his Daddy is unknown - since he came from Louisiana, he's a Catahoula at heart). People always respond "Cata whata?" So oldest son started calling them Catawhatas and it stuck.

13. gear-guy

gear-guy Practically Family

I am a man who loves to be in the outdoors. Camp, hike ,canoe,ect. So the name gearguy seemed to fit. 55 is the year I was born which if your math is correct that makes me 35. LOL