Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where Do You Think Men Should Shave?

FPKawaii

New in Town
It seems that everyone has a different view on this topic. Where do you think men should shave? I've heard that it's acceptable to shave the entire body. I've also heard it's only alright to shave the face, and that it's alright to shave the face and legs, ect. So, good people of the Fedora Lounge, where do you find it acceptable for men to shave?

HepKitty

One Too Many
I'm not a fan of body hair on anyone really, but I can tolerate a little on men. As long as it's not on their back, shoulders, upper arms... that's too much. A little chest and leg hair is tolerable. As for facial hair, short well-kept goatees are fine as long as it looks good on him but other than that, no thank you

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
crwritt said:
That was my first thought, Lizzie.
Actually I found that since sharing a bathroom with my husband this summer since our second one in the basement developed a mold problem my answer to this was I prefer he shave at his barbershop or own bathroom not mine.lol lol

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
I actually am a big fan of hair, within reason, almost anywhere haha. I like beards, I like a bit of chest hair, I like leg hair, etc. etc.. My boy shaves his bellybutton/treasure trail and i hate it haha, I'd rather absolutely no hair (i.e. waxing) or au naturel, it's just so prickly! i think shaving the face is fine, but I actually encourage him not to haha.
I have known men that shave absolutely everything except their eyebrows, it irks me a little. Arm hair is natural, leave it be!

lareine

A-List Customer
My husband shaves (electric shaver) on the back step of our house! Far neater and results in less cleaning than shaving in the bathroom would lol

I think men shaving their body hair is just weird. If I met a man who did so I'd assume he was a competitive swimmer or else had a medical condition that caused his hair to grow way beyond the norm. It's one of the nice differences that makes men look manly compared to women. I don't want my man as soft and smooth as a young girl!

ETA: my husband just shaves part of his face. He has a neat goatee style beard, and all the rest of his hair is just where nature intended it to be.

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
My hubbie is so hairy (back included) that any attempts to shave would be like painting the Forth bridge! Though he does shave his head for the look of it and his armpits so that his antipersperant gets onto the skin.

I wasn't sure i'd like a man that hairy at first but i love it- so snuggly, especially in winter!

lareine

A-List Customer
Tishkaminx said:
My hubbie is so hairy (back included) that any attempts to shave would be like painting the Forth bridge! Though he does shave his head for the look of it and his armpits so that his antipersperant gets onto the skin.

I wasn't sure i'd like a man that hairy at first but i love it- so snuggly, especially in winter!
It is lovely, isn't it? My husband isn't terribly hairy as men go but I still love how much he has compared to me. I can draw patterns on him when he's just out of the shower ;)

Vive la différance...

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I shave my neck just below the jaw line and my cheeks, to keep a trimmed beard. My moustache is a waxed handlebar. I have been informed by my wife that if I ever loose the facial hair, I'm sleeping on the couch until it grows back. It doesn't have to stay the same style, there just has to be something there.

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Anywhere they expect their women to ;)

I like shaved armpits on a guy, it's cleaner, and pubic area is good, though waxing is much better and softer and jsut generally nicer. :)

Have an aversion to body hair myself so not all that keen on hair generally.

Derek WC

Banned
I only shave every other morning, but once I start getting longer facial hair I am going to have waxed handlebars. What's the point in shaving anything else?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Clark Gable used to shave his armpits. Apparently he was given to heavy sweating, and it was more hygienic that way.

I think a man has to have a very well-shaped skull to get away with the shaved-head look. Otherwise, he risks looking like Dr. Sivana.

drsivana_whiz003.jpg

Especially if he wears glasses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk