Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is the slider of your Talon zipper? left or right?

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Well, it happens that in my country zipper sliders are on the left side of the jacket. You grab the jacket with your left hand, you insert the zipper pin with your right hand and then you pull up the slider with you right hand. :eek:

My Estaman Leather Talon zipper slider is on the right side of the jacket. :eusa_doh: It is not a big deal but all your life you have been pulling up the zipper in a particular motion and you can avoid a wtf each time you close this jacket. [huh]

Is this a feature of all Talon zippers?

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
In the US the zipper pull is usually on the right for men, left for women if I recall correctly. I bought a fleece vest while in Wales and have a heck of a time with it's left-side slider, whereas my buddy who is English and wears a US-made motorcycle riding suit had a hard time adapting to the right-hand slider.

I believe there are a few different ideas as the why the differences in zippers and button locations, but these days it's just tradition.

Cheers,
Tom

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Aero will open a zip up for you, turn it around and put the slider on the proper side if you ask them.

I have three yank jackets and every so often damn near break the bloody zips (I leave them zipped up when not in use) convinced that is it jammed untill the brain finally kicks in and I remember that the zip is on the "wrong" side, I would imagine there is a good few people in America who regularly curse their barbours ,belstaffs etc for a similar reason.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I'm also in the States, and the only left-side slider I've ever owned is on my Wested Raiders jacket.

Of course, this is completely accurate to the UK-made originals in the 1980s films, unlike many "Indy jackets" that come with right-side sliders... like US Wings!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner