Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Where there's tea, there's hope"

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
As I sit here, I'm sipping at a cup of Earl Grey Cream loose black tea from one of the local shops. I've always felt that a good cup of tea is one of the most civilized and relaxing things in the world. Anyone else? What cup of tea is your "cup of tea"?

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I favour Irish breakfast myself, with honey, or plain old mint herbal. If cookies and/or a wood fire are involved even better.:)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Tea is the lubricant which greases the wheels of life, at least so far as I'm concerned. For me it's plain old Red Rose, brewed for at least fifteen minutes, and served with no sugar, no cream, nor any other adulterants to get in the way of the pure caffeiney goodness.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
Tea is the lubricant which greases the wheels of life, at least so far as I'm concerned. For me it's plain old Red Rose, brewed for at least fifteen minutes, and served with no sugar, no cream, nor any other adulterants to get in the way of the pure caffeiney goodness.

Mmmmmm caffeine, I've had so many bleary eyed morning lectures this term where the only thing making me stay awake to take in the Parliamentary systems of Canada, Great Britain, France and the US has been the caffeine in my tealol Although there's something missing in the whole experience when you're drinking out of a thermos, but you make do:)

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
Pink Dahlia said:
I like the comments in that article. Bottom line drink your tea how you like it.

Of course. Hope it didn't come across as an attack on those who add cream! Just found it to be an interesting little study :)

Woland

One of the Regulars
Good old yellow label Lipton, or English Breakfast.
Just finished brewing my third pot for the evening.
It has to be black, strong & laced.
Am prone to desecration of my bodily temple, so I always add semi-skimmed milk and (artificial) sweetener.

Truly detest "tea" which contains no tea!
A contradiction in terms which keeps me awake at night.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I like my tea green or black. With nutrasweet, because I love it sweet.

Mint or lemon optional, if I have neither I like some 1% milk.

I like those Celestial Seasonings fruit/herbal teas too, but not if it costs me the caffiene. lol

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I keep imagining what it would be like to open up a tea house, complete with massive library and rose garden.:)
(By the way Lady Stardust, I just love your Vassilisa avatar)

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
I keep imagining what it would be like to open up a tea house, complete with massive library and rose garden.

Need a business partner?

I live on tea--mostly ginger peach black tea, plain ol' black tea, rose tea, green tea...ok, you know what? just about every kind of tea there is--but always no cream, no sugar, no nothin'.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
CanadaDoll said:
I keep imagining what it would be like to open up a tea house, complete with massive library and rose garden.:)
(By the way Lady Stardust, I just love your Vassilisa avatar)

Hurrah(and thank you! :) ), you got it correct! I had posted in the "Who's in your avatar" thread that I couldn't wait to see if someone could catch who it was, and Miss Neecerie did, but she didn't want to spoil it, but since then, no one took a crack at it. I always loved all those illustrations, fond remembrance from childhood, being read those stories every night.

And I'm the same way about the tea house, I think I've got nearly everything planned out, I've gone over it so many times.:eek: Now I just need a sponsor/benefactor. lol

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Mamajama, Lady Stardust we should totally open our own teahouse in our little vintage town!:D
I wish I had the nerve to do it, my only problem is I'd need a small fortune just to spend on decorating and stocking the placelol (and the guts to make the leap)

:)offtopic: I grew up on the Vassilisa stories, the illustrations in Russian fairytales are just fabulous, the colours and emotions are wonderful:) )

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Black rather than green, Indian rather than China, Assam preferably or an Assam blend. Ceylon's not bad either.

Difficult to get decent tea in the shops here, I usually get mine from a couple of Asian stores which stock decent stuff.

I started a poll thread awhile ago now about tea versus coffee...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=15874

I drink the stuff like it's going out of fashion like all my family do.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
I'm a tea drinker--have been since my mom so thoughtfully put tea (heavily cream'ed and sugar'ed) in my bottle when I was six months old. I only drink black teas (usually imported, if possible), Assam, Darjeeling or a Breakfast blend, for the most part (no herbal, no way no how). I like Moroccan green tea if I'm at a place that serves it, but to keep to my Anglophile-ness, I stick with a lovely cuppa. Makes me happy on a bad day, that's for sure, and one of the only things that buoyed my mood while homesick this summer.

I drink it with plain canned milk (it's what my great-great grandmother from Cornwall did, and we've never looked back!) and just a bit of raw sugar...I think I may go and brew a pot! Smithy, I drink it like water, at least two cups a day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points