Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy zipper pulls..

KentH

Familiar Face
Hey... I was wondering if there is a go to place for replacing zipper pulls or the slider on a flight jacket..?? The pull broke on my Buzz Ricksin L2A flight jacket.. I shouldn’t have to replace the whole zipper... Kent

Colin G

One Too Many
There must be a way to replace the pull without taking the zipper apart and adding a whole new slider.

I was just about to start a thread about this.

I have a new jacket with an ugly, giant pull I want to remove and replace but don't want to be prying apart zipper ends to do it.

KentH

Familiar Face
There must be a way to replace the pull without taking the zipper apart and adding a whole new slider.

I was just about to start a thread about this.

I have a new jacket with an ugly, giant pull I want to remove and replace but don't want to be prying apart zipper ends to do it.

I believe I've seen youtube videos on how to replace a zipper pull... you just need to get a pull that is compatible with your current zipper...

seres

A-List Customer
A zipper pull is very easy to replace... simply remove the stop at the top of the tape (on the slider side) and run the slider up and off.

A bigger question is how was the slider damaged? If simply the pull tab, couldn't you re-crimp or replace that tab or wire? I've never had a pull break beyond a simple repair, using pliers or a small file.

Any pics of the damaged slider?

KentH

Familiar Face
A zipper pull is very easy to replace... simply remove the stop at the top of the tape (on the slider side) and run the slider up and off.

A bigger question is how was the slider damaged? If simply the pull tab, couldn't you re-crimp or replace that tab or wire? I've never had a pull break beyond a simple repair, using pliers or a small file.

Any pics of the damaged slider?

To be honest while I was trying to recrimp it it broke in half, a front half and a back one... the zipper had been having issues for a while, it seemed like a low end zipper from the get go, although I could be wrong... I did order a whole zipper from that site in Japan.. I figured instead of half stepping it to just get a complete zip...

seres

A-List Customer
If the zippers are the same size, it should be easy to switch sliders. That will save a lot of effort!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto