Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where were you 50 years ago when JFK was shot

gear-guy

Practically Family
50 years ago this week JFK was shot in Dallas. Do you remember where you were at or what you were doing? I was living in Albuquerque NM. at the time and was walking home from school and when I entered the house my mom was watching T.V. and crying. It seems like yesterday.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I was 10 years old and I remember sitting and watching the funeral on TV as with 9/11 that was all that was on the 3 tv channel's that where available at the time.

I was two years old at the time. I don't have any memories of the assassination coverage, but I do recall seeing stills from the Zapruder film in the November 29, 1963 issue of Life Magazine.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I was in the 2nd grade. We had just come in from lunch recess when the principal announced over the intercom that the President had been shot or killed...I can't remember which. My most vivid memory is that my teacher immediately started sobbing...so much so that the teacher from the room next door had to take over our class. Very frightening to a kid who had just turned eight.

AF

I was two, but grew up with it and have been fascinated by it ever since. I see the other JFK thread got shut down so I exit this will too. Why? Dunno.

gear-guy

Practically Family
Great idea, just thought it would be fun to find out where everyone was if they are old enough. I am excited to see that there are so many younger loungers taking interest!

Remember it well. I was home sick from HS with a cold and sore throat. Watched it on TV while laying on the couch. The sudden shocking sadness crept over everyone and seemed never ending. As other events unfolded emotions ran high and it wasn't unusual to see people crying at any place..any time. You could feel it all around. Such a great loss and no one knew what horror might be coming next.
HD

DNO

One Too Many
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in grade 7 and was with my class in a church basement. We were having phys ed (Catholic grade school, no gym) and doing jumping jacks when another student entered, obviously upset, and spoke to the teacher. The teacher made the announcement about Kennedy being shot. November 22nd continues to be a sad day for me.

newsman

One of the Regulars
I wasn't born until 1972. But my dad is one of the navy men who marched in the funeral.

How time flies. Had dinner with him tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21