Which of your jackets gets the most attention?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Gamma68, Oct 26, 2018.

1. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yeah I wasn't very surprised, but it was kind of funny.

red devil likes this.
  2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

I remember you....you were the cool teach!
    With the leather jackets...and hats.
    Teach for tomorrows.
    B

El Marro and dudewuttheheck like this.
  3. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

lately I wear denim jackets most time, perfectly blending in harmony with society, no comments, no raised eyebrows, no empty seats, just a normal human being in his denim jacket, sometime personally I feel giving off too much denimbro signal which I believe am not since I have no single spot of fades to show, doesn't wear feather pendant necklace, cuffed jeans and workboots

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    AeroFan_07 and antoine p like this.
  4. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend

Bright blue type III Denim of course gets much more looks.

5. northcoast

northcoast Familiar Face

Which one gets the most. Well, tricky, depends on time factor.

My Ciano Farmer quilted denim work coat has gotten a ton.

My natural HH Wayfarer has gotten very strong positive opinions. It's a cool jacket, but I think because it fits so well, that helps too, and the color is different than most.

My favorite though is my NMWA/Monitaly Brown cord ranch "Jhonny Brasco" jacket. Love that thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://nomanwalksalone.tumblr.com/...he-road-photos-by-ian-lipton-in-collaboration

[​IMG]

Bushman, AeroFan_07, SinSir and 4 others like this.
  6. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

I never usually make comments like this but being British this makes me loose all sense.
    Historically I do not believe there is such a thing as a Café racer, not by the London boys that met at the Ace or Busy Bee. It has and always will be pronounced Kafff racer with a heavy emphasis on the 'K' sound and also the 'FFF' with no é at the end. I do believe that that awful TV show of Mike Seat is trying to establish to change British history of young peoples ideals to America's own.Please do not think of this as an insult to your post, but if we the British can use American terms to describe Americas culture such as hot rod and custom cars etc, why not accept ours for our culture.
    As applied to jackets, who made the first jacket to be called a Cafe racer style? It may have even been Aero as there's was the first I saw even though most Rockers I knew from the 1960s to 70, the vast majority wore the Lancer style with the cross over zip.
    Oh yes nearly forgot.
    I also have an Early ish Luftwaffe jacket and wear it exclusively while riding my Triumph Bonneville. It's a really nice design but mine has zip pockets all over. If it has faults it is that it creaks like Dracula getting out of his coffin unless I oil it up in some form.
    Seeya, John.

7. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

You told me a lot in that post I never knew, nor had any idea of. But Downunder G Man is in Australia, not America, if that makes any difference.

Downunder G Man and rocketeer like this.
  8. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

Interesting. Isn't that style called single rider or racer before Aero or Schott tried to link them to Kafff racer? Anyhow, that is the name given by Schott and Aero to one particular model.

rocketeer likes this.
  9. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

DSC_0541.JPG

Since I really do not have any Cross Zips at this current time, the Navy CXL FQHH Premier fit Highwayman takes the cake on attention. The name alone (if people actually knew all that) would indeed draw some attention. But it's really become my favorite jacket and is so darn comfortable as this FQHH breaks in...

Lebowski, Boyo, Monitor and 10 others like this.
  10. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Strewth mate since Londinium became colonised by folks from the old "Empire" there are more Poms here now than in Londinium itself ! There is even a scooter club complete with parkas and 200 mirrors each ! I meet them on my Harley rides on occasion. Scooter club is 100% "Pommy" and me and my "Rocker" crew get on fine with them. Most all of my Harley riding mates are "Poms". I myself am a long since departed Scotsman !

Benny Holiday and rocketeer like this.
  11. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

The first cafe racer style I saw was from the 1920's. They were mandarin collar style leather shirts. Still called shirts by some in the 1970's. Early jackets did not have lining.

Benny Holiday likes this.
  12. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

The mandarin collar straight zip is often called moto, the diagonal zip is mostly called biker.

Trenchfriend likes this.
  13. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

Definitely Vanson Chopper
    20200324003945.jpg

14. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

So this is Not My Jacket - I confess I could not seem to dig up our old thread on "nightmare" jackets. This probably belongs there. It's from a Minneapolis Craigslist ad -- Python Jacket. $1200!!!

Python_01.PNG Python_02.PNG Python_03 RIRI.PNG

Currently lsited in Minnneapolis Craigslist, if anyone is interested. There do not appear to be tags, but the zippers indicate RIRI

Never know what you may find out there.... :)

AbbaDatDeHat and JMax like this.
  15. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

I am no expert, but it seems to be well made. It is supposed to be a bit of a different skill-set compared to the leathers we favour here.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor

Not bad, actually! Would wear.

JMax and AeroFan_07 like this.
  17. Agent Black

Agent Black New in Town

My jackets that get the most attention are this mystery blue jacket with no brand name. It looks exactly like the 1980's metal tagged "Lewis Leathers" Mistral[?] but with red and black stripes on it's tag. Mystery jacket 2.JPG

My Dobbs blue, white and red jacket, which looks like a Dainese Imatra at first glance [Note the similar typeface]. Dobbs front.JPG

dpbbs back.JPG
    And my 1970's Lewis Leathers Sportsman
    lewis leathers sportsman front.JPG
    I brought this for £40 from Afleck's Palace in Manchester in 2000 and have had two people offering to buy it from me. I eventually contacted Derek Harris at Lewis who confirmed that it was a Sportsman jacket [At that time it wasn't in their online catalogue, although it is now]. Black leather jackets seem more common than ever now, so I think coloured leathers stand out from that and attract more attention. I usually get complements in the pub, when I rode a bike the complements were about the bike not the leathers which is logical. I've only ever had one leather jacket that's attracted negativity- one girlfriend hated it, although a lad who was a mate at the time offered to buy that one from me so...

Attached Files:

18. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Well all right! Matches my black python cowboy boots.
    Now...if only i could find those python pants......nahh
    B

19. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

Too safe and tame, you need a kilt

[​IMG]

Monitor and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  20. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

here we go again...