Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which shoe brand is favourite?

Which shoe brand is your favourite?

• Alden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allen-Edmonds

• Bostonian

• Church's

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Bass

• Timberland

• Florsheim

• other

• custom,high end-over $500

• Total voters

moustache

Practically Family
Which shoe brand is your favourite?

1-Allen-Edmonds

2-Alden

3-Johnston & Murphy

4-John Lobb

5-Bondini

6-Church"s

7-Crockett & Jones

8-Bostonian

9-other

moustache

Practically Family
I like...

Allen-Edmonds best of all.

I did see this post back in the archive.
Figured it never hurts to ask again :p

JD

Curt Chiarelli

One of the Regulars
Personally I love R.M. Williams. Their jodphur boots are stylish and superbly crafted of kangeroo hide which is extremely durable. And the fit is unbelievable! There's no breaking-in period - it's like they were custom made! I've had my pair now for 5 years running and they look great. My highest recommendation!

The Shooman

Practically Family
Yeah, R.M.Williams are by far the most comfortable shoos i've ever worn. They are a `Goodyear' construction too. The main complaint l have is leather quality. The R.M's have full grain leather on the uppers, but l find the soles are made from very average mid quality leather that wears out quickly and the uppers aren't made from the real nice leather. The Bushman model from 20 years ago was indestructable.....i've worn my [brass screwed] Bushmans in rain, mud, seawater and all kinds of punishment. l've hardly ever polished them or used boot trees, but they still remain in top order with no signs of wear 20 years down the track. One pair of Presidents model R.M .Williams boots go for $8,500 Aust.

My favourite shoos are:

1. Santoni Handmade shoos (tan sock) ....better than John Lobb off the shelf (RTW). (7 pairs)

2. Johnston & Murphy handmade shoos.....way different to the J&M's made these days and also better than John Lobb RTW. (1 pair)

2. Grenson Masterpieces.....slightly below Lobb RTW apparently. (6 pairs)

l plan to get a few Vass, 1 Lobb and 2 Edward Green shoos next year. Edward Green RTW runs at $1,500 in Oz......a bit expensive. :( l have many good shoos, so now l can afford to be abit more picky and buy less shoos but buy some of the better ones). l'm really fussy with footwear now........l only like the best stuff now and will only buy the best stuff in future. My ultimate goal is to own a Lattanzi.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Getting the Crockett & Jones `Onslow' model in burgundy shell cordovan has been a nagging dream too.

Getting this Vass F last high boot made in shell cordovan (horse leather) is a dream i've had for a while. lt is on my top 5 must haves. l desire this boot badly. l hope l can special order it. Vass consultant A Harris has kindly told me my correct Vass for F last size.
VassFlasthighlastboots.jpg

l might also ditch my plans to get a C&J Weymouth and just get an Edward Green `Newbury' model instead.

PenMan

Familiar Face
I can't vote in the poll, but will add my 2 cents anyway. I have acquired 6 or 7 pair of AE lately, all on Ebay, some new, most used. Until I got them I had to wear professionally made orthotics. With AEs I can wear the shoes as made. I also bought two pair of Cole Haan. One is a nice Bragano, the other is American made. The former is vastly superior. But from now on I will never buy a lower quality pair of shoes: I am wearing a fantastic pair of AE's Richmond in chili that I got for about $20 +p/h. I think they may be a discontinued line. I can get a decade out of Hush Puppies, so I expect to get 20 years out of these with ease.

DocBob345

Familiar Face
AE all the way

I prefer the Allen Edmonds. I've worn them for years, since getting my first pair by luck at a discount shop when I was much younger and poorer. Not that I'd pay anything for shoes, but I find their durability to be quite high.

I really should have more, in order to rotate them and keep them looking better, but they really do hold up. Not to mention, that once you've gotten all you think you can from them, you need only ship them to Wisconsin and they'll be completely broken down to the leather, treated, cobbled, re-soled and returned for a quarter of what they cost new.

I'm going to have to try a few of these other brands now though - there are many opinions here to be respected and I always like to try something new.

Best,
Robert

HungaryTom

One Too Many
My favourite...guess who?

Getting this Vass F last high boot made in shell cordovan (horse leather) is a dream i've had for a while. lt is on my top 5 must haves. l desire this boot badly. l hope l can special order it. Vass consultant A Harris has kindly told me my correct Vass for F last size.
VassFlasthighlastboots.jpg

Shooman,

Nice avatar you have...

Since I live in Budapest, you can guess who is my favourite shoemaker.:rolleyes:
Vass
It has the following reasons:
1. Quality is top-notch - worldwide comparison
2. Price - CHEAP compared to real handmade shoes
3. Place - I can try them on any time - no surprise with different lasts/fit
4. Patriotic pride - buy Hungarian

Regards:

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member