Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whirling Turban

maisie

Practically Family
I'm thinking of getting a Whirling Turban dress, as i already have one of there pants and tie up top sets which is gorgeous and i love the fabric! :D
So can any one recommend what styles/ colours go well together! All pictures welcome!!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
I am currently waiting on my custom dress to be made!
I have gone with the Hawaiian Heaven in this print:

fabricbig.php

I am also getting a short sleeved bolero with collar - I am soooo excited, can't wait until it finally arrives!

Do let us know what you decide to get! They are such gorgeous dresses aren't they.

maisie

Practically Family
I love that dress! That was actually one of the styles and fabrics i liked, as well as the peekaboo dress which is cute too!

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Jitterbug, that looks darling! Do you have any pictures of yourself wearing it?

I requested a price list (and an explaination of how the petal bust differed from the wing bust--anyone?)--what a great site! I've caught references to "Whirling Turban" dresses here on the site previously, but assumed it was a specific, popular style of dress I was unfamiliar with. I'm happy to stand corrected!

I'd love to hear more reviews of the site (and see more pictures as well!).

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Well I got an e-mail fro Mindra to say she posted mine 3 days ago, so I am hoping it will arrive one day this week! I shall get a photo of me wearing it and post!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
I have one too-- actually, I'll have to check, but it may be in the same print as JBD's! She does very nice work, but I do get some buckling at the waist as well.

Honey Doll

maisie

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
I forgot to mention that the fabric is not that bright in person. The blue is actually quite greenish, and the pink is a lot more subtle, too.

Is it nicer in person then? As the brightness of the colours is actually what i liked about it :rolleyes:

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I know I've showed this off on another thread,but I love it so much I can't help showing it again.

47b6d824b3127cce898bb3a5db8500000016109AbOXLFk0bS

It made me feel like a bombshell,but still elegant not overly sexy.Definitely a splurge,but worth every penny.
Now,I want one of the petalbusts with a full skirt.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
I received my Whirling Turban Dress and not happy with how it looks on me :( Maybe I just lack the confidence to wear it as it is very revealing :eek: and I didn't realise just how much.

I have posted it for sale on the Classified section (WT don't take returns) so if you fancy a bargain then get in touch.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
I don't think I'd try machine wash. I haven't worn mine enough to need cleaning, but think as it is rayon that I would dry clean it or maybe dryell to freshen up.

Honey Doll

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Honey Doll said:
I don't think I'd try machine wash. I haven't worn mine enough to need cleaning, but think as it is rayon that I would dry clean it or maybe dryell to freshen up.

Honey Doll

Yes but you can have your dress in cotton...so if the cotton ones were washable, I'd go for that.

I think I should just email them! :eusa_doh:

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for them to respond to custom requests? I submitted my measurements and sizing info through their website on Friday, and I emailed them yesterday morning to confirm that they received my info, but I have not heard back yet.

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
It takes them a few days to respond. When I sent in my order with my measurements, I think it was maybe a week to hear from them. If you don't hear anything by this coming friday, I'd email them again.

They're a small company and sometimes they get backed up depending on what events are coming up. For instance there is a big rockabilly weekender coming up in October, and that is a giant market for them, so I bet they're clogged with gals ordering dresses for the event. (I ordered a dress from them 2 months before "Viva las Vegas", which is a big music weekender and she said that she gets SWAMPED a few months before it every year.)

As for cleaning... Mine is cotton and I hand-wash it and it works out well. I'm hesitant to throw it in the washing machine.. I don't know why, I just am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21