Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whites Semi-Dress boots, 12E $230

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Here's your chance to try out a pair of White's Semi-Dress boots! Hard to find in a size 12, these are just a bit wide for me so I am doing a catch & release on them. Over $450 for a new pair, this one is well broken in, but ready for many more years of service.
Stated to be a 12D, however seems these have stretched out a little and are closer to a 12E (Width) at this point. So I am calling these a 12E.

Brown leather, leather laces, clean, no odors, some light wear in the toe area on top from the first owner. $230 + Shipping (APX $15 CONUS). Pay-Pal, no international shipping.

Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/153298823824

IMG_6532.JPG
IMG_6532.JPG
IMG_6537.JPG
IMG_6530.JPG
IMG_6530.JPG

FlatCap99

One of the Regulars
So close....if these were a 13D I would be all over them. Good luck with sale, this is a great price for a pair of White's.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
They are pretty close, I'll measure them again. If so that would help explain the "loose" feel. I own several other pair of Whites in 112D and none are this loose. I'll let you know...thanks

FlatCap99

One of the Regulars
It would be more so the length that makes me ineligible. 12s in most manufacturers my toes tend to be too pressed against the toe box, but 12e is normally ok for width. Do you have any experience with Hathorn Boots?

Side question for you though: Have you tried Hathorn? I am not sure if they are a subsidiary of White's but they seem to have a different site for their footwear. Wondering if the quality of these is on par with White's. They look like nice boots.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Flatcap - yes, White's Hawthornes brand boots are White's boots. Thier website seems now to downplay the Hawthorne's brand, but the catalog (printed one) shows all of them. they are slightly lighter, thinner materials, and generally still excellent quality. I have Hawthore Elecrtical-Hazard Metatarsils on my feet at work as I type this. I find the Hawthorne's eaasier to wear, as they are certainly lighter. We've all gotten pretty spoiled with the featherweight tennis shoes these days that are ultra-supportive & weight next to nothing. Has to be a tough sell sometimes for White's and Nick's boots, who stay with traditional methods, craftsmanship, and (indeed) weight.

FlatCap99

One of the Regulars
Awesome, thanks for the info and the differences between the two! I don't mind the weight, but I did have a Dr years ago tell me if you have back issues you should try to err on the side of lighter footwear, but something about the heft and solid construction feel good to wear as well. However, since I am not necessarily finding myself in a position where I really need the build quality of a White's boot, I think the Hathorns may be the right boot.

Good luck with sale...I would still risk it on the weight if these were 13D :)

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk