Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who could make such a jacket?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You've posted this one in the 'what are you wearing today' section the other day. Looks like a great fit. How does their ordering process work? I've just checked their website. Headquarters in Pakistan?

Yes, the jackets come from Pakistan. It takes about 10-14 days from ordering to delivery to Europe if everything is clear and in stock.

I did it like this:
Searched for as many photos as possible from all sides of the desired jacket. If I e.g. from the jacket I am looking for I don’t have a photo of the back, I’m looking for a back of another jacket that I like.
I then draw the dimensions on the pictures.
I have drawn the measurements of neck circumference, shoulder width, P2P, waist, hip, armhole size, sleeve length, wrist and bicep circumference. So the dimensions that the jacket should actually have.
I would recommend the semi veg tanned heavy goatskin with a thickness of approx. 1.2 mm in seal brown. But there are many other reports and pictures in the VLJ forum about the different leathers. I ordered a heavy cotton lining in the jackets.

The pictures and other information sent via email to Shawn. It does not hurt to mention explicitly that compliance with dimensions and details is very important ;-). If there is a feeling that something has been misunderstood, address and clarify. You get photos during the manufacturing process.

btw. Shawn plans to organize veg tanned leather too.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve started a custom order with Shawn and he’s been great to deal with thus far, fastest email responses ever from a vendor. I’m just after a ‘nice’ wearable jacket based on an ‘impression’ of an established model. I’m done with spending big bucks & have more than enough jackets to last me from ELC. Shawn offers a good wearer at a great price point and I’m having fun :)

Thuggee

Practically Family
Interesting. Do you have photos of the original and the SB remake you could share? @Thuggee
My intention was indeed to buy the jacket but unfortunately I didn't win the bid so I only have the photos from eBay. Im not looking for 100% accuracy in terms of the pattern. Most important to me are the look/patina of the leather, the shape of the collar and the pockets and the button style.

no photos yet unfortunately, the pattern was made then the pandemic hit, so just waiting on the actual jacket to be made now, the remake will be made with deer skin , I’ll be sure to post pics when I have both jackets in hand

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
no photos yet unfortunately, the pattern was made then the pandemic hit, so just waiting on the actual jacket to be made now, the remake will be made with deer skin , I’ll be sure to post pics when I have both jackets in hand
Seems like they have a lot of interesting leathers that they don't list on their site.

Thuggee

Practically Family
@Thuggee may I ask why you chose deer? Does deer skin possess certain qualities horsehide or cowhide doesn't?

partly because I have never had a deer skin jacket and party because Debs from SB suggested it would be a good leather choice for the jacket , she did send some samples and photos and it does look nice.

Bahabp100

Practically Family

jeo

One Too Many
Johnson Leathers. They can work with you to create a completely custom design. They may want to base it on a pattern they already have though, but I've seen they have done cossack style jackets before. I worked with them to create this:
IMG-2740.jpg
IMG-2741.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner