Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who does BPAL?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
A friend introduced me to BPAL and today, my first order of imps arrived. Just curious to find out what everyone's favorite scents are. I like most of what I got, but still dying to try other scents.

CeceliaRose

New in Town
I must admit to the addiction that is BPAL. My favorite scents so far (since I'm always trying new ones) are Anne Bonny, Black Pearl, Voodoo, Boomslang, and The Candy Butcher. I ordered the limited edition Tiki Queen and Tiki King last week, and can't wait for those to come in, since I love anything tiki. :p

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
So far, my favorites are Rapture, described as
Sensual ecstasy, the blinding red fire of the apex of sexual pleasure: Moroccan rose, Sumatran rose, mandarin, Egyptian myrrh, night-blooming jasmine, bergamot and neroli thrust into Arabian musk.
and Loralei
A tragic heroine from German lore. In despair over a faithless lover, she threw herself into the Rhine. In death, she has become a siren that haunts that river to this day, luring sailors to their doom. Neroli, sandalwood, ylang ylang.
The one I was most looking forward to trying was Lust, because I normally LOVE patchouli, but it's just overpowering in this. I also like Moscow and Kumari Kandam. The extra that they included was Windward Passage, which just smells like soap to me, don;t like it at all.

jayem

A-List Customer
I absolutely LOVE BPAL!

Marie
A blend of sinuous violet and elegant tea rose: the chosen scent of France's Demigoddess of Debauch: Marie Antoinette.

Juliet
Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear.

Alice
Curiouser and curiouser. Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

Antique Lace
Nostalgia encapsulated. A soft, wistful blend of dry flowers, aged linens, and the faint breath of long-faded perfumes.

Those are my signature scents, especially Marie.

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
Oh, my. I had never heard of them before, their site is so interesting. I just know I'm going to go broke, I want too many things already! Thanks for posting this thread, I'm sure I would have never found this website otherwise.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:
Oh! They have a Neil Gaiman collection. these are my people.... :D
No kidding...I always say I want one of his, but then I forget about when birthdays and holidays roll around... I'll have to coerce the man into it this year.
Their scents are gorgeous- unearthly. My favorites are the Picnic in Arkham ones. If you have some discretionary, Economic Stimulus scratch laying around, this is a good place to blow it...

Jillipede

New in Town
I am in!

I have been into their scents for a few years now. My all time favorite is Rose Red, which is one of the holiday scents. I have multiple years' bottles hoarded! It's my perfect rose scent.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
today I'm wearing Lust. I didn't like it first going on the skin, but after several hours, it has mellowed into a very nice scent

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i have a friend who is really into BPAL and writes long, flowery descriptions of the scents she tries on her blog. i've been wanting to give it a try, but i REALLY do not need something else to "need" to buy!

Blondie

Practically Family
Last time someone on the FL posted about this website i went & looked.
I was sooooooooo overwhelmed with so many choices that i didnt end up ordering anything. I had started a list when i was i was reading the descriptions on the wbsite but the list went on and on and on..............
Do you think you need to smell them in person ?
Otherwise how on earth does one decide ????

Naama

Practically Family
gluegungeisha said:
I'm also a fan of Arcana soaps and perfumes.

Me too! But unfortunately, they stopped the buisness, did they?

But this site seems GREAT! I'll have to get some samples right away :)

Naama

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Blondie said:
Last time someone on the FL posted about this website i went & looked.
I was sooooooooo overwhelmed with so many choices that i didnt end up ordering anything. I had started a list when i was i was reading the descriptions on the wbsite but the list went on and on and on..............
Do you think you need to smell them in person ?
Otherwise how on earth does one decide ????

I just received my first order, and yes, it was a bit mind boggling. They have a search feature, which really helped. Before you start, decide what you're in the mood for, say an all rose scent or a scent that uses neroli and jasmine, the search will bring up those scents. When I placed my order, I looked for a couple florals and a couple with more spicey scents, patchouli, sandalwood, ect.

Blondie

Practically Family
Thanks KamiKat,
didn't even realise that i could do it that way, that will help me narrow it down BIG TIME !
Some of them its the name i like rather than the scent, funny huh ? lol

Naama

Practically Family
You can search like that?

By the way, am I the only one who gets attracted by those pretty, pretty perfume names? I was looking through those products, and I have to admit, I only was reading on the scents if the name was appealing lol

Naama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk