Who makes the best B6 jacket?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Schwa, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Schwa

Schwa New in Town

For many years, I wanted a proper "bomber jacket", which I thought meant a B3.

When I started looking - I found that such jackets were harder to find if you were a bigger guy. I'm 6'1", and weight about 230, so I don't have any hopes of squeezing into a 40"of any sort.

I was fortunate to find a nice B3 - RMNZ in size 50 I think! Anyways, it fits a big guy like me, and is everything one could want in a B3 - very authentic.

There are a lot of "B3" jackets out there that seem to cut many corners - I'm glad to have mine.

The down side I discovered is that a proper B3 is not very practical. It's too big and warm for most occasions.

I'll keep my B3, but would like to get something I can wear more often. The B6 seems like a possible option, but I am spoiled by my RMNZ...

If you were looking for an authentic B6 in a large size (48 or 50) which ones would be on your short list? I hear RMNZ is out of the business, so where would you loo to next?

2. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Eastman

3. s4rmark

s4rmark One of the Regulars

+1 for the Eastman. 56B7E295-EEB2-4DCF-B298-035BB5586781.jpeg

4. Vezio

Vezio One of the Regulars

This is my Aero B6, in size 38".
    For reference I am 172 cm tall and 68 kg in weight. IMG_20210926_152457.jpg IMG_20210926_152609.jpg

Robbie79 and Marc mndt like this.
  5. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

+2 for the Eastman. I have their Rough Wear B6 and it is a beautiful jacket.

6. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Don’t own either (yet) but aesthetically I really prefer the Eastman shearling. I do however like Aero’s dark seal.

7. photo2u

photo2u A-List Customer

I got an Aero b6 some time ago. They totally SUCK. I returned it back because it was defective. Aero said nothing was wrong but was complete in the wrong. You only had to put it on and feel the improper manufactured defects that caused pain from a "poking" effect in the the moment you put it on. TERRIBLE experience with their customer service. I have not looked at B-6 since then.

8. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

What does a poking effect mean and what kind of manufacturing defects are the cause?

dubpynchon and MrProper like this.
  9. photo2u

photo2u A-List Customer

When you put the jacket on the folds in the by swing hit your skin every time it moves. It cause when the improper way of joining pieces of leather together. However, any professional company would have caught the error in their quality control department.