Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who sings this song?

david

New in Town
Cab Calloway sang Minnie the Moocher in a number of films (inc. The Blues Brothers; and as long ago as 1932 in a Betty Boop cartoon. This is the scat break that he'd do as "call and response" with the audience.

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
According to Voodoo Dady they are not from Ventura.....though Scottys kids go to school up the street from where I am sitting.....hehehehe

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Mr. 'H' said:
Kinda like a song that was in an ad a few years ago.

Where did you get this?

I heard the song while listening to a radio talk show. They used it when they came back from a break. I emailed the show and asked about it, and they responded by sending me the song along with a note saying they had no clue who it was. It was just on a blank cd of various music they used in the breaks.
Crayola Markers is now using a good song that is a blend of modern and old 20's music. I have emailed them and they promised to find out from the advertising people.

Chad

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
david said:
Cab Calloway sang Minnie the Moocher in a number of films (inc. The Blues Brothers; .,..

I love that movie. When they say the band could turn goat p*** into gasoline, they weren't joking. I love the way the bass guitar, horns and keys all lock together. All of those guys were pure masters.

"Poor min, poor min, poor minnie"

Slightly OT...sorry.

Pyro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner