Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's riding shotgun? The Resistol Stagecoach Line of Western Hats

Mm25

One Too Many
Nice. What is the color of the ribbon on the black one?
In person, I would say it looks bronze, but it has some fading so I would be hard pressed to say what color it was when it left the factory.

The brown hat has a snakeskin band, which I have no experience with. This one seems pretty dry, so I'll be looking for some kind of conditioner.

Mm25

One Too Many
I don't know if this is true of all stagecoachs, but my sample group of two both have ripped sweatband where the stitching closes the band to itself in the back. One I anticipated replacing before I got it from seeing the seller'so pics, the second was not so evident.
Either way, I'll be practicing my sewing.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
In person, I would say it looks bronze, but it has some fading so I would be hard pressed to say what color it was when it left the factory.
That was what I was thinking. One of my black Stagecoaches have a gray/gunmetal ribbon.
I never had a snake skin hatband so I can't advise you.

I don't know if this is true of all stagecoachs, but my sample group of two both have ripped sweatband where the stitching closes the band to itself in the back. One I anticipated replacing before I got it from seeing the seller'so pics, the second was not so evident.
Either way, I'll be practicing my sewing.
It happens with all hats, not only Resistol Stagecoach line. The black one I'm stretching, the thread broken. On the brown one John Galt cleaned for me was starting to rip. But none of them is rotten as a Stetson Nutria I have.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Love the fine collection everyone has. Here's my meager collection of modified Stagecoaches...

Stagecoach Turkey Creek
Turkey_Creek_SC_3.jpg
Turkey_Creek_SC_1.jpg

x_Turkey_Creek_05.jpg

Stagecoach Silverbelly
Stagecoach_R_11.jpg
Stagecoach_Silverbelly_and_grandkids_1.jpg

Stagecoach Chestnut
RSCB_3.jpg
RSCB_4.jpg
A_Brown_Stagecoach_1.jpg

Resistol 3X, Diamond Crease and 4 1/2 inches of brim
XXX7.jpg
XXX4.jpg
XXX5.jpg
XXX9.jpg

Stagecoach Conversion
Indy_Hat_01.jpg
Stagecoach_Indy_me_3_B.jpg

A couple of Resistols side by side.
resistol.jpg

The original version of "White Lightning". Written and sung by "The Big Bopper", JP Richardson...

Last edited:

Mm25

One Too Many
Love the fine collection everyone has. Here's my meager collection of modified Stagecoaches...

Stagecoach Turkey Creek
Turkey_Creek_SC_3.jpg
Turkey_Creek_SC_1.jpg

x_Turkey_Creek_05.jpg

Stagecoach Silverbelly
Stagecoach_R_11.jpg
Stagecoach_Silverbelly_and_grandkids_1.jpg

Stagecoach Chestnut
RSCB_3.jpg
RSCB_4.jpg
A_Brown_Stagecoach_1.jpg

Resistol 3X, Diamond Crease and 4 1/2 inches of brim
XXX7.jpg
XXX4.jpg
XXX5.jpg
XXX9.jpg

Stagecoach Conversion
Indy_Hat_01.jpg
Stagecoach_Indy_me_3_B.jpg

A couple of Resistols side by side.
resistol.jpg

The original version of "White Lightning". Written and sung by "The Big Bopper", JP Richardson...
You have some great ribbon work in there. Nice hats!

The brown hat has a snakeskin band, which I have no experience with. This one seems pretty dry, so I'll be looking for some kind of conditioner.

If you think the snakeskin band needs a good cleaning before conditioning clean it first with Fiebings Glycerin Saddle Soap & I recommend getting the bar, not the spray. Then condition several times initially, then regularly with Bickmore Bick #4. Probably any good product with lanolin in it would work for conditioning but stay away from anything with silicone (like Armor All) unless it would happen to be a food grade silicone. You can find both Fiebings & Bickmore products at most good boot or saddle shops, or Amazon. I use both on these old gators & some lizard boots I have, & they haven't dried out & cracked yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Fiebings-Glycerin-Saddle-Soap-Bar/dp/B000HHMCQ6
http://www.amazon.com/Bickmore-Bick-Leather-Conditioner-Ounces/dp/B001CS2Q4M

256s4s5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana