Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why Snap Buttons On Leather Jacket?

user290389023

New in Town
About half a year ago i bought a Levi´s Leather Trucker Jacket and it has snap buttons. And at this point i'm a bit mad because they never stay closed! I don't understand why they didn't have more heavy duty snaps. Is it possible to replace them with more heavy duty snaps, or even replace them with regular buttons? And if so how?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Snaps that don't stay snapped are annoying, and yes they can be replaced. I wouldn't try to replace them with buttons, because that would be a lot of work and probably won't turn out well. You'd just need a number of better quality snaps and a crimping tool, and the nerve to pry apart the old ones.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Sonetime it is just the spring, with a nail or small screwdriver you can pull out a bit, another case it is the male snap that is losing the curve around the top and need replacing, i havent tried myself but perhaps light hammering to flare out the top might be enough to do the trick, before trying to replace as the last option

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ