Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Widebrim's Ties: 1st Batch for 2013

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, gents, I haven't offered any ties yet for 2013, so here goes...

As usual, all ties are in at least Very Good condition, unless otherwise stated. Also, prices do not include shipping (unless, again, otherwise stated). Multiple shipping is, of course, offered. Here is the first:

Photo65.jpg
Photo64.jpg

A splendid hand-painted, western-themed beauty. Bold Look era, 52" long, 41/4" wide, pure silk. Inside of front blade is printed (within a graphic of a palette), "an original michele HAND CRAFTED in California." A great addition to any hand-painted, western, or Bold Look collection. ($10)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here is the next batch of three:

835ff816-b881-4f4d-905f-e89cec6f25b5_zpsbba8c571.jpg
116e182d-db0d-4628-821e-d22bd12231bb_zps2c99573e.jpg

l to r: Unmarked, red necktie, decorated with leaves of paint and shiny coralite (powdered sand). 54" long, a bit over 4" wide, feels like rayon/acetate, lined. ($7) Next is a deep maroon beauty, with a "shell" design in red, silver and copper. Labeled "Resilient Construction," it is about 51" long, a bit less than 4" wide, feels like rayon, lined. ($7) Last is another Michele, hand-painted, California tie from the Bold Look Era. 52" long, 4" wide, with a "mustard" background and emboldened with brown streaks, it is made of silk and is lined. A great addition to your Bold Look/hand-painted collection. ($7)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here are some more:

87ad29ec-41ad-40b4-a5e7-557a1d017031_zps3aee2e91.jpg

b21dc362-88a0-4c77-91a1-46c930e3799a_zps67bc7236.jpg

r to l: First is an unusual ribbed, silk, embroidered tie from Rhynecliffe, deep red with blue and white motifs. It is labeled "Hand Made With the Dots," lined, and measures 54" long and 31/2" wide. Feels and looks like crepe ribbing. ($6) Next is a white/cream beauty with a swordfish/marlin motif (brown, tan, and light blue) from the famous Manhattan Shirt Co. It is very soft and light, not lined, and feels like linen. About 57" long and 3" wide. ($7) Lastly is a deep blue '30s tie with silver and light blue geometric trim. No label, feels like silk, not lined, and measures 48" by 3". ($6)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I want the swordies! It would go just great with some swordfish cufflinks and tie clasp that I have...so..if no one else has picked it up yet, consider it sold!!!!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
^^Swordfish tie saved for LoveMyHats2. Thank you!

They said expect a minnow..he said, he used the lil blue pill as bait! Myself, I would just LOVE to own this swordfish tie.....please, do tell me, where to send some moolah and how much? !!!!! Thank you!!!!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here's the next batch:

4d054cdb-7c41-4d5f-b765-5a0de24c9db3_zps3a2d57e5.jpg
dde53147-b4db-464d-82a3-f95d492a0e73_zpsb743f32b.jpg

l to r: First of is a dead-stock beauty, c.mid-1950s; maroon background with silver "rain streaks and silver/light blue motif. 52" long, 21/2 wide, feels like rayon/acetate, unlined, excellent condition. Even though the paper tag says Ingalls Ties, the label on the small blade says that it's a...Hollyvogue, made in California, and came from The Broadway in Southern California. ($7) Next is a dead-stock Arrow tie, c.early-'50s. Has a beautiful emerald-green background with green, red, and light blue motifs. 52" long, 33/4" wide, lined, silk, excellent condition. ($8) Last is a very soft, "Follow Thru, Thru Line-Tip to Tip" Vogue tie, sold by the Gus Blass Co., Little Rock. Bold Look era, 48" long, 31/4" wide, with brown, orange, and tan geometric designs. Has one small pinhole on back of front blade which is only visible on the lining, not the front of the tie. ($7)

Wally in Cincy

One of the Regulars
r to l: First is an unusual ribbed, silk, embroidered tie from Rhynecliffe, deep red with blue and white motifs. It is labeled "Hand Made With the Dots," lined, and measures 54" long and 31/2" wide. Feels and looks like crepe ribbing. ($6) )

I'll take it if you can PM me by tomorrow. Otherwise hopefully you can wait until Monday. I'm going to be away from the machine until then.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here are the last for this batch:

l to r: First there is a beautiful deep maroon with "ghost" motif. No label except "Hand Tailored," 49" long, 31/2 wide, possibly WWII. ($7) Next is a light "grape jelly" colored specimen, with silver criss-cross design. Labeled "Hand Tailored, Resilient Construction," with the latter's patent number and date. Good condition, 48" long, 3" wide, possibly '30s. ($6) Last is a unique hand-painted, knot-planned creation from the Rembrandt Paints line of Crosely ties. At first, I thought that the flower was added some years later by a creative hippie, but upon further inspection I discovered that the floral design is original. (Note: the airbrushing on the left side of the tie has a light greenish, rather than grayish tint.) 51" long, 4" wide, feels like acetate or acrylic. ($10)

Cobden

Practically Family
Okay, here are the last for this batch:

l to r: First there is a beautiful deep maroon with "ghost" motif. No label except "Hand Tailored," 49" long, 31/2 wide, possibly WWII. ($7) Next is a light "grape jelly" colored specimen, with silver criss-cross design. Labeled "Hand Tailored, Resilient Construction," with the latter's patent number and date. Good condition, 48" long, 3" wide, possibly '30s. ($6) Last is a unique hand-painted, knot-planned creation from the Rembrandt Paints line of Crosely ties. At first, I thought that the flower was added some years later by a creative hippie, but upon further inspection I discovered that the floral design is original. (Note: the airbrushing on the left side of the tie has a light greenish, rather than grayish tint.) 51" long, 4" wide, feels like acetate or acrylic. ($10)

I'll take the left and right one, if no one has has bagsied them.

Rather confused about what ties have and haven't gone from the previous posts, but if the right hand tie in post 5 (the blue with the geometric pattern) and right hand one in post 10 (the Gus Black fellow) are still available I'd also be interested.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk