Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Widebrim's Ties: 2nd Batch for 2013

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here are more neckties for your perusal. Unless otherwise state, all ties are in at least very good condition. Prices do not include shipping. Here is the first group:

(l to r) First is a beautiful, completely hand-painted (with some glitter) winter scene tie from Regal. It features a church building with steeple, flanked by two smaller buildings and a tree; in the foreground ins a wooden fence with small tree, and in the background are some mountain peaks. Measures about 54" long and 3" wide, cream-colored, feels like acetate. ($10)

Next is a classic Esquire Cravat, from the Bold Look period. It has a medium-brown background, with red/yellowish/white motif; feels like (very smooth) rayon. Has two small pinholes at the middle, where tie would wrap around neck; measure 52" long by 4" wide. ($7)

Last is a tie which IS NOT from the Golden Age, but is a more modern version of the classic sideways name motif which was popular after WWII. It formerly belonged to Walter L Vail, and is signed on the back by Walter Drake. Measures 53" long, 3" wide, dark maroon, 100% polyester. Great for someone who just wants one of these classic designs for his collection. ($5)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Next group:

(l to r) First is a deep blue tie with white and red griffin motifs; feels like rayon/acetate. It originally came from Desmond's (a great store no longer with us) Palm Springs, is unlined, and measure 51" long and 31/4" wide. ($7)

Next is a Creveling Cravat from E. M. Nichols of Needles, CA. It has a deep brown background with green and deep copper motifs, and is unlined. It measures a 41/2" wide and 46" long; appears to be pre-Bold Look. ($6)

Lastly is a tie from the famous National Shirt Company, possibly late-'30s. The material is very soft (possibly silk), with a medium-brown background and green/dark copper. silver motifs. Unlined, it measures 33/4" wide and 48" long. ($5)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here comes a group of beautiful flora and fauna related, California hand-painted ties:

(l to r)- First is a colorful floral design from Towncraft Deluxe (JC Penney's), with silkscreen background. 49" long 41/4" wide; feels like acetate. ($8)

Next is "Woodland," featuring prancing gazelles(?), with a "Painted by Hand" print (with easel/palette design) on the back of front blade. 50" long, 4" wide; again feels like acetate. ($9)

Last is another Towncraft Deluxe tie, with classic quail/dog theme. Printed "Individually Hand Painted" (accompanied by two paint brushes) on back of rear blade, it measures 50" long and 4" wide; again, feels like acetate. ($9)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^The last group for this batch:

(l to r) A crisp, looks NOS Thorobred Cravat by Spur, titled "Bamboo Moderns," and originally sold by J. Maisano, 3737 MacArthur Blvd., Oakland Calif. Feels like rayon/acetate, with a crisp maroon brocade, and yellow/white motifs; measures 50" long, 41/2" wide. ($7)

Next is a hand painted (with glitter and coraline [powdered sand]) beauty "made and styled in california for Penney's." Feels like acetate, measures 49" long by 4" wide, with a "burnt" orange background, and variously colored motifs. ($8)

Last is sort of medieval fantasy tie featuring a pegasus-type animal, labeled "Hand Tooled Panels." Feels like rayon/acetate, measures 48"long by 41/2 wide, with a deep "champagne" background and brown/silver/light copper illustrations. Really unusual and attractive. ($8)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, I'd really like to sell these here instead of on eBay, so how about this? Each of these beauties is now marked down to only $7 each, all three for $20!

Okay, here comes a group of beautiful flora and fauna related, California hand-painted ties:

(l to r)- First is a colorful floral design from Towncraft Deluxe (JC Penney's), with silkscreen background. 49" long 41/4" wide; feels like acetate.

Next is "Woodland," featuring prancing gazelles(?), with a "Painted by Hand" print (with easel/palette design) on the back of front blade. 50" long, 4" wide; again feels like acetate.

Last is another Towncraft Deluxe tie, with classic quail/dog theme. Printed "Individually Hand Painted" (accompanied by two paint brushes) on back of rear blade, it measures 50" long and 4" wide; again, feels like acetate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana